Is it time to trade in the Rukka Nivala for a Kingsley?

It certainly makes a made-to-measure jacket by Hideout (with a full kevlar lining) look like a bargain.

Useful vid, thanks.

Having purchased from them before I can confirm that the
customer service is second to none.

He didn’t mention that Stadler has a 10 yr warranty.

I know I'm just opening myself up for a hiding with this.....
but 1400 pounds for just a jacket is pure bonkers........I don't care if it's made of unobtainium ffs!

S20 5G sent this......

Useful vid, thanks.

Having purchased from them before I can confirm that the
customer service is second to none.

He didn’t mention that Stadler has a 10 yr warranty.

I have the Stadler trousers for that exact reason, and they are awesome

Plus points over my Nivala - More venting, especially on the front
but it looks stiffer
Won't be changing the Nivala for it - Once it gets too hot I get the Forsair out or the trusty old Alpinestars leather jacket
Can manage the Nivala up to mid 20's (if moving)
Definitely doesn't leak as Scotland tested
And Motolegends are superb with customer service

I’m sorry to see such a lack of enthusiasm over the newest Rukka suit, which is undoubtedly less comfortable than the Nivala, due to the use of less stretch material...

.... I could’ve been tempted by second hand Nivala. :aidan

Rukka Nivala 2 gets the lowest CE protection rating

Rukka has just launched a new “improved” Nivala 2, and guess what? The CE rating is ‘A' (the lowest protection rating :mad:). Yet the jacket alone costs £1.3k :eek:

It certainly makes a made-to-measure jacket by Hideout (with a full kevlar lining) look like a bargain.

I have tried them both on, and the Hideout Hi-Pro clobber beats Rukka convincingly. I wore Rukka for years, but no more; it’s not the best in a crash (I’ve seen the results first-hand).

In contrast, a Hideout Metropole jacket is half the price, comfier (when I tried it on) and considerably safer and more protective than the Nivala 2. And the new BKS 100SX textiles (has anyone tried them yet?) look amazing, but they appear closer to the Nivala 2 in terms of cost.

Motolegends video about the Nivala 2, explains the safety rating, so that wouldn't bother me if I wanted the Rukka suit.

Interested in your comment about Rukka suits not fairing well in an accident, have you seen how other suits performed in the same situation?

I guess every crash is unique, so it's hard to compare them. But I have, unfortunately, seen several road spills. Despite the accident being far from high speed, the Nivala I saw did the worst. I know, it's hardly scientific. However, the scientific tests are surpassed at the highest level (EN 13595 Level 2) by Hideout Hi-Pro, BKS 100SX and some Scott Leathers' textiles.

I love Rukka's XTR armour, which I find comfortable with excellent coverage. But considering the Nivala's price, I'm disappointed by Rukka's abrasion resistance – it should be class-leading, not the bottom of the class.

Interesting insight. I must admit if it isn't inclement weather, I always wear my BKS leather trousers up and above the Rukka trousers. But generally wear them with my Rukka jacket. Would defiantly consider the BKS textiles up and above Rukka when its time to change.

That sort of RRP is IMHO very difficult to justify

I have worn RevIt for some years now, it has served me well. Revit dominater jacket prices are now in excess of £1100 ....bonkers

Whatever happened to good old Hein Gerricke :jibberbig

Back
Top Bottom