Qtr turn of throttle ... eco

Half turn... rain

Three qtr turn .. dynamic.

Full turn ... pro

Attachments

• 100120-2021-bmw-r1250gs-adventure-P90401111.jpg
    100120-2021-bmw-r1250gs-adventure-P90401111.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 571
I don't need it for anything nor will ever use it but I just want my new bike to have the option promissed as "standard".
I just don't like the idea that something is wrong. It made me think that TFT is from base model 2020 or 2019, or something like that.

If you shine a light in the right way you might be able to see if the bar is imprinted on the screen, which would at least confirm you have the 2021

OK, been at the dealer today. On the way there, while on the road I played a lot with Mode button and suddenly Eco mode appeared. Then I couldn't turn it off. So I pulled over and started playing with it for more then 15 minutes and then it turned off, just like a magic, and returned to Road mode. Decided not to touch it again and keep on going to the dealer. While I was playing with it, I have never seen Eco as mode option, always only Rain and Road.
At the dealer I went in with the bike and stood beside the mechanic who was puzzled with it too. Took us both half an hour to discover how we turn it on and off.
So the problem is, the word "ECO" is missing on TFT. When ECO is finally selected, it says nothing in the corner of the screen where it's supposed to show the chosen mode. With engine running, you hit the throttle a bit and moving green line appears with word ECO on top of it. You leave the throttle alone and there is nothing in the corner again. So the mode ECO is working but not displaying.
Now, how to turn it on and off?
Well, it's simple but not right. There should be like this (if it was ok): one press on the button, one dot with RAIN appears, second press on the button, two dots with ROAD appear, third press on the button, three dots with ECO appear. It should be like that if it everything was working well. But in my case it works like this:
- One press on the button, one dot with RAIN appears
- Second press on the button, two dots with ROAD appear
- Third press on the button, again two dots with ROAD appear
So, that third line is actually ECO mode that TFT does not present. It just leaves the corner in blank so I know ECO is selected.
As I said before, I couldn't care less about ECO mode but I want my bike to be spotless. So, service manager will contact BMW and present the problem to see what's supposed to be done.

Interesting update bosnjo, thank you. Whilst I have the additional modes, I'll have a play with these and see if I also get any peculiarities. Please keep us updated. :thumb

Perhaps ECO only appears when you're driving economically? It's not a riding mode like Rain and Road at all?

What does the handbook say?:green gri

Ah, the handbook says ECO is a range optimised riding mode, along with Rain and Road. But precisely zero explanation of what it does.

Handbook says to select it the same way you select Rain and Road but it's not showing up on my TFT

Had to check mine yesterday. Comes up by pressing the mode button.
8c9e6512e27e411cb30f81abc2b2f9db.jpg

a0a39305d1eb2feb61452aba4e9dfbd3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bosnjo, This might be a long shot, but worth a try. Have you tried it in a different language? It could be that is just the language module that's got some text missing. In some scenarios the text may be pulled from another common language module within the code.

Tried few languages but it's still the same.
What about firmware version? Mine is 022-005-041

Ahh well, worth a try. No point in comparing to my firmware as it's a 2020 bike.

Maybe they simply installed TFT at the factory that was not updated to latest firmware and is from the time when, in 2020, the bikes of my specs (zero extras) didn't have ECO as standard. That is the reason I was asking for firmware version.

I don’t think mine is the latest for 2020 bikes. It’s 021_004_040.

It may be a red herring, but I thought the latest firmware was 020_11_500, which was mentioned by Nick Hodge in one of his vids, but the version GSian mentions looks even later.

I say red herring because, IIRC, the problems being experienced by owners mainly revolved around connectivity issues, rather than your missing ECO mode problem. Maybe your dealer can advise.

My bike was built towards the end of Nov 2020. Version 022-005-041, and I can get up to 4 modes on the handlebar switch, including eco when included as part of the 4, and which brings up the eco bar.

So, it's not firmware version.
My dealer is aware of the problem and they are waiting for response from main BMW (whatever that means).

Back
Top Bottom