Power Commander Question

meintjiesj

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My 99 1150 GS just past 50k miles and thinking of spending a few £ on her i.e. my summer holiday that didn't happen money. Put a Remus and Y-piece on a few years ago and thinking of putting Power Commander on. Been reading a bit and seem Power Commander with Wide Band O2 sensor is best to go with. First problem is I can't find the 1150GS on Dynojet site and then some posts say that the Wide Band sensor comes with the Power Commander III but not sure if there is two version of the PC III i.e. one with and one without as can only find images of the PC III on it's own.

Dynojet borrowed my 1150 to install the PC3 and map it when they first came to the UK. They contacted me after they saw the IOMTT videos i put online many years ago, and I think there should be the report I did somewhere online - either here on UKGSer or on the GSClubUK site.

I really appreciated the 10% uplift in power that they got at 40% throttle as it makes a difference rolling on for overtakes. However, I also have R1100s inlet pipes, a K&N filter and a 3.5 bar fuel pressure regulator fitted, as well as the exhaust mods you mentioned.

My advice would be to make sure you get it set up by someone who knows how, on a dyno.

Hi Paul. I read your reports on the PC3 install and was one of the reasons I decided on PC instead of the others, even if it is more expensive. So if Dynojet did it for you I will just contact them directly to enquire which PC3 package to get. I am especially more interested in lower down and mid range increase, few point on the licence and need to start enjoying the scenery more, so higher speed is not so important anymore. Deffo K&N also. Will ask around up here about dyno, with Knockhill just a few miles up the road I presume there will be a few shops around knowing what they do.

Sounds like a plan...:thumb2

Worst case scenario, Dynojet UK HQ is about 10 miles north of Preston at FW Developments, Garstang, where mine got done. They’ll certainly be able to help and may also be able to recommend a local supplier/fitter but, most importantly for you, someone to map it the way you’re looking for.

I got several maps for mine incl touring, economy and performance maps. They said they left me with the performance one set up for me to test; ‘because we’ve seen your videos and thought you might prefer it...’ I got the rest on a cd and can just swap and even tweak them on a laptop.

I just had a reply from Dynojet UK that they do not do a PC for my bike anymore. Trying to get the details so I can check second hand market.

Doesn’t surprise me, considering the model has been out of production for over 15yrs... I just found the box for mine in the garage so, hopefully, this might be useful to you

Attachments

• 999535C6-9936-46F4-9467-2E37B7EE5827.jpg
    999535C6-9936-46F4-9467-2E37B7EE5827.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 199
Thanks Paul. I got a mail back from Dynojet confirming part number 919-611 as on your box. I've started looking for one.

Back
Top Bottom