Motorworks post Brexit

I think we will all need friends north and south to access goods :)

Im living in Drogheda so not far from the invisible border, so if any of you Northern lads need a dig out with euro stuff just PM me as I was kindly looked after recently by one of our Northern members.
Bf.

Im living in Drogheda so not far from the invisible border, so if any of you Northern lads need a dig out with euro stuff just PM me as I was kindly looked after recently by one of our Northern members.
Bf.

I was thinking the Same thing , but , thats not the way its going to work.
The North of Ireland , has remained within the E.U. Customs Union. So to import into the North , you will either need a
eori Number or a customs agent that will handle your transaction.
I am only getting a handle on this , but , i had a laugh , thinking all the Unionists pro brexit rantings , allowed a border in the Irish sea
idiots , just wait till the Loyalist population understand whats happened .
20% on the price of everything in the North ....... Laughable , if it wasnt soooo serious .......
It just shows the "political Elite " are not as shrewd as they think they are.

Just as a BTW , April 1st is the cut off point for the current extended transition period.

Cheers johnnydrama for that have you a link to that German virtual address.
Cheers younger wasn't thinking about the outlying garages

Cheers big fellas will check that crowd out

20% on the price of everything in the North.

Yes and no. It will be ROI VAT added to the NI (price excluding VAT). So only paying VAT once. There will probably also be a handling charge payable to the delivery company.

I sent a shock for refurb last year. If I was to do that tomorrow, I’d be charged vat on it coming back?! I’m sure it’ll all make sense in a few months but jazus it’s unappealing at the moment.

no as you haven't bought it.

Had this issue with the States. Bought item and paid duty/VAT when it arrived (via DHL), but I had budgeted for that. Sent it back for alterations - with all required customs forms etc - and when it arrived back DHL tried to charge me again. Had a right old ding dong to prove that I didn't have to pay to re-import something I already own, but won in the end.

I found Motorworks good to deal with.

one of my photos got a bit part in this years calendar.

Attachments

• IMG_20191002_164802_420.jpg
    IMG_20191002_164802_420.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 191
If it’s any easier to send to the North I’ll happily forward my address and you can either collect from me or I will post it on at cost.

....... germany worth a look. They say you can only post to germany address but theres a good virtual address service which will deliver to ireland.

Would be good to find such a thing, a reliable virtual german address. What one did you have in mind?

I’m currently waiting for a consignment of parts from Australia, consisting of my heads that have been modified, plus Seibenrock cylinder and pistons, not sure how that is going to be dealt with by Customs.

If it’s any easier to send to the North I’ll happily forward my address and you can either collect from me or I will post it on at cost.

Northern Ireland is still in the E.U. Customs Union . A lot of people dont seem to realise the intricacies of this .

Just as a Example , If the British army wanted to take armament,s into Northern Ireland , they have to "Request " permission from N.A.T.O . AND fill in Customs
declarations .....

Arlene , and the D.U.P. must not have read the Small print . Ye couldnt make it up............

http://Mailboxde.com

Bought a rallye suit which was only available to german address. Tad pricey and took a little longer but it got here.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

So it looks like €2.95 to receive a package up to 2kg and you also pay whatever it costs to post it from Germany to Ireland. Its a bit more complex than the parcelmotel type of service but definitely looks like worth keeping in mind for some items.

Back
Top Bottom