Tank Repair(ed!)

HTB

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Following a recommendation on here, Andy at MDPR has just taken the dent out of my GSA tank... v. happy with the results.
Its not until you try posting a GSA tank that your realise how flipping big they are!

Attachments

• IMG_3591.jpg
    IMG_3591.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 258
  • 1cebf29d-e40a-4de4-aae2-efe8bd95a0ad.jpeg
    1cebf29d-e40a-4de4-aae2-efe8bd95a0ad.jpeg
    83 KB · Views: 253
My neighbour had some big dents in his van removed by one of these “ dent doctor companies “ The technique they used on the blind panels was to superglue rods ( threaded?) to the panels then pulled them out. Then somehow they removed the rods and the panel was un marked.

Not sure that technique would have worked on the tank above as it looked slightly creased before.

My neighbour had some big dents in his van removed by one of these “ dent doctor companies “ The technique they used on the blind panels was to superglue rods ( threaded?) to the panels then pulled them out. Then somehow they removed the rods and the panel was un marked.

Not sure that technique would have worked on the tank above as it looked slightly creased before.

The guy I watched doing that used Araldite to glue a pad on the a slide hammer to pop the dent but he put a number of pads on and kept moving the slide hammer from pad to pad to remove the dent.

A hot air gun killed the Araldite without getting hot enough to damage the paint.

I’ve got a spare tank from my Montjuïc with a door frame sized dent in it after the bike slipped as I ran it up a ramp into my shed and I keep promising myself I’ll get the slide hammer on it one day.

Back
Top Bottom