Clock reset: is there a trick to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glacial

Reaction score
I just fitted a new battery. I did the throttle position thing before starting - all good. Then I tried to set the time on the clock but I can’t get to the stage where the numbers are flashing so I can change them. Doesn’t matter how long I hold the button down, whether I do it with engine running or not running etc etc. The button works as I can reset the trip meters.

Anyone come across this before? Any magic solution? Or do I just cut myself free from the bounds of time?

Bike is a 2008 R1200GS. Other electrical accessories are GPS and DLRs all powered from the auxiliary power connector.

Which button are you holding down? On my ‘08 it’s the info button that’s used to set the clock. The button for resetting the trip is in the instrument cluster. It all depends on what options are fitted to your bike.

Do you have the button on the left handlebar to scroll through clock, average mileage, range remaining, average speed etc. If so scroll through to clock and hold the button down for a few seconds,the hour should be flashing, tap it repeatedly to set the hour, hold the button down again and it will go to minutes tap the button repeatedly to get to the required minute. Then leave it to reset back to default . That's what my I do on mine anyway.

Forgive my ignorance, never done the throttle positon reset thing when dosconnecting the battery on the twin cam, seems fine. Am I missing something, could someone enligten me please or a linky to some info, cheers.

Forgive my ignorance, never done the throttle positon reset thing when dosconnecting the battery on the twin cam, seems fine. Am I missing something, could someone enligten me please or a linky to some info, cheers.

It learns itself But in all reality :- Just open and close the throttle from fully closed to fully open a couple of times and Job Jobbed

OK thanks, that has reminded me that I did know about it but just stored in long term memory and could not recall it at will.

Do you have the button on the left handlebar to scroll through clock, average mileage, range remaining, average speed etc. If so scroll through to clock and hold the button down for a few seconds,the hour should be flashing, tap it repeatedly to set the hour, hold the button down again and it will go to minutes tap the button repeatedly to get to the required minute. Then leave it to reset back to default . That's what my I do on mine anyway.

Excellent - thanks for the info. I was following the Haynes manual which does not mention the INFO button: if I had looked in the Rider's Manual that came with the bike I would have seen that option.

Thanks to everyone for their replies, thread now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom