Wiring in a Vsysto dash cam to 1200GS LC

Geoffers45

Reaction score
Hi I am wanting to wire in a Vsysto dashcam in but Im a Bit freaked by the Can bus issue! I don’t have an EZcan or anything fitted. On my last bike I wired it to the battery with a line to the live wire on the horn so it would come on with the ignition.Anyone got experience of fitting one of these?

Hi I am wanting to wire in a Vsysto dashcam in but Im a Bit freaked by the Can bus issue! I don’t have an EZcan or anything fitted. On my last bike I wired it to the battery with a line to the live wire on the horn so it would come on with the ignition.Anyone got experience of fitting one of these?

maybe

There are two fuses under the riders seat, which are ignition controlled and do not go through the canbus system. You can splice the switch control wire to the output side of one of them.
Alternatively, you can use a piggy back fuse in one, but they will not go back into the holder, so will need to be bagged and sealed with a cable tie.

It depends which Vsysto version you have.

For ALL of them you wire to a power supply (say, the bikes battery via a fuse), and SOME you also connect a yellow wire to a switched live source (I used the rear light power supply which doesn't affect the canbus).

This yellow wire switches the unit on and off with the bike.

The system with no yellow wire senses voltage difference across the battery when the bike starts and stops, and actually works very well.

(I have 3 of these systems and have used them for several years with no problems)

Back
Top Bottom