Honda CG125 first year of production

MarkShelley

Very similar to Paolo Maldini
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just did the deal on this little beauty this morning. The ad said 1977, but it is actually 7th October 1976, first year of production. The earlier ones are easily identified by the ‘shrouded’ front forks. It is very original, not 100%, but as close as you are likely to get even down to the handlebar helmet lock.
The left side panel is incorrect but the seller told me of a NOS item on ebay in the correct colour so that has also been snapped up.

That’s great, I love these little CG’s (early ones only). I borrowed one in 77 when my KH250 was off the road, I was really impressed with it, I remember it did 77mph on the clock! I’ve had half an eye out for one for a long time.
If you decide to move it on, give my a shout.:beerjug:
Chris.

My first bike, have fond memories of the trouble and places it got me :green gri

Mark I have just part exed a 1972 XL250 mostly original. During my ownership the front brake shoe delaminated ( not riveted) and jammed the front wheel. When I inspected the hub the brake shoes were original HM ones. So please have a gander at the shoes before you go bimbling around the lanes.

Mark I have just part exed a 1972 XL250 mostly original. During my ownership the front brake shoe delaminated ( not riveted) and jammed the front wheel. When I inspected the hub the brake shoes were original HM ones. So please have a gander at the shoes before you go bimbling around the lanes.

I most certainly will. Thanks for the heads up.

I had best check out my CL 250 then!

Thanks for that.

Nice 125 Mark...Lovely little bikes.

Here you go Mark Att these are the shoes, or more correctly one on the bottom, the top one has come off.

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_2968.jpg
    IMG_2968.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 136
Learned to ride on a purple version and then commuted on one for a couple years in London, black with orange I think. Actually did a bit of courier work on it. Great machine, comfy, reliable, economic... and took some abuse. That was when every set of lights was a Moto GP start :D:D and if the traffic was heavy you could dice with the bigger bikes.

Hey guys. Total
Newbie here. I believe I also have a 1976 CG125. I think it has the shrouded forks although I have nothing local to compare it to. How am I best to identify if it is indeed a ‘76 model.

Cheers.

Hey guys. Total
Newbie here. I believe I also have a 1976 CG125. I think it has the shrouded forks although I have nothing local to compare it to. How am I best to identify if it is indeed a ‘76 model.

Cheers.
It would probably help if I posted a pic. Although don’t judge it’s not on its original colour and was not my decision
:)

IMG-2488.jpg

IMG-2489.jpg

IMG-2490.jpg

IMG-2491.jpg

These are from July 2018. Pre- the-world-went-nuts era and is now a little sad looking from being stored incorrectly. Still a worthy project. Still started on second kick after all these years. New battery of course. :)

Most of it looks like an early one but something not right with instruments. Been through that station on foot and pushbike a few times!

Back
Top Bottom