2610 NOW ON 120Ogs

• Thread starter Slim Shadies Back
  • Start date

Slim Shadies Back

I am approaching numbness having read and read the postings here on GPS - must be the most posted to area. Some brilliant posts and qustions asked and answered.

I have a Question

I had a GS1150 - now have a 1200.
Moved my 2610 accross, with the over engineered alloy Touratech mount - which I had with it and which lived perfectly on the cross bar on the 1150 - which I love the look of -even if its a bit tatty due to the crash and a bit lopsided- ( twas not me who crashed , was the Wa**er who stole it )
BUT as I ve no cross bar to mount it on ( poverty model GS)and have paid $$ to the dealer for a mount that goes onto the four bolts with the Touratech mount on top -the GPS blocks my view of the clocks ( ok I can see what speed I am doing on the GPS ) but still have to look around it to see the warning lights , trip etc.
I ve looked hard at the various options - but would prefer a suggestion or two which one or more of you may have tried.
Pictures would be a help. Part Nos and some idea of price.
I would be very gratefull and apolgise if this has already been dealt with before.
Would be prepared to scrap the Touratech Mount - although I love the look of it - I do often think that should I have to leave the bike in a hurry - as in over the handlebars and thru the screen - just how much of that mount will be imbedded in my Gonads or nether regions........bit like a big hunting knife , nice to look at but could do lot of damage in the wrong circumstances.

This is the best mounting solution of course :D

g1200psmovie.gif

Cheers,
Michel

I`ve got the RAM mount with the U bolt round the instrument frame, before the above mount was up & running! & with the 3" arm (I think) gives a lot of adjustability :thumb

Yep Mr Migsel that does look really good. But can I use the Touratech One with a unit that willposition it at thst spot. I could not agree more though - that is the place to put it - right in front of me.
Cheers

Big Lee said:
I`ve got the RAM mount with the U bolt round the instrument frame, before the above mount was up & running! & with the 3" arm (I think) gives a lot of adjustability :thumb

Pics - and did you use a touratech mount ?
Thnx for the reply and help....

Adapting the TT mount

SSB

Using Migsel's 12GS mount and your existing TT cradle (from the mount), then add RAM-B-201-A (short arm) and RAM-B-238 (diamond base) .. the latter bit attaches to the underside of the cradle, remove the clamps first.
Big Lee has used RAM solution which attaches onto the oval rail bar, choice ether RAM-B-149Z (standard 3" arm) or RAM-B-149ZA (short 1.75" arm) with a shim widget, RAP-319. I am myself tend to favour the short arm/mount these days on a 12GS, but its a matter of choice, of course.

Both options are 'nads friendly :D as our balls are in the mount :dabone

Slim Shadies Back said:
Pics - and did you use a touratech mount ?
Thnx for the reply and help....

No problem :thumb I didn`t use a TT mount. I shal take pics & post them later :)

Lee

MiGSel said:
This is the best mounting solution of course :D

g1200psmovie.gif

Cheers,
Michel

Migsel,

Looks good, can they Mount & ball be bought or delivered pronto ? Looks like it comes from the states?

Thanks,

Steve

RAM ball with U bolt

Noni049.jpg

RAM mount as I see it sitting on the bike

Noni050.jpg

RAM mount, arm & ball from underneath & a big Union Jack!

Noni051.jpg

I think the MiGSel mount would foul my screen when I`ve got my Tobinators fitted but it is a very good design with the possibility of having 3 balls mounted for extra gizmo`s :D

Hope this helps

Great Pictures - all you guys thanks a lot - nearer to a solution.
I d rather not loose the Tacho but its not that important I suppose.
At 25£ its a good solution.
But in looking at these pics - is the screen standard or have you had to cut and adjust it - as in was it - is it a standard GS1200 Screen - if its not and you changed it by choice and not necessity to fit the Nippy Normans Bar.
BUT has anyone got a picture of this option with the Touratech Mount - that will inevitably at some stge have to be surgically removed at some stage- Its the Danger I Love IT .........

Boris-of-oxlea said:
Migsel,

Looks good, can they Mount & ball be bought or delivered pronto ? Looks like it comes from the states?
No problem. I'm in Belgium, so there's only the Channel to cross :)
Normal delivery to the UK is one week.
Cheers,
Michel

The screen is a MRA Touring screen & with my set up you can still see the rev counter. It`s very adjustable for position & I`m sure you`ll be able to find a point you`re happy with :)
I`ll pop my 2610 in the cradle & post some pics of wildly different positions later!

Back
Top Bottom