2022 Cush drive rubbers for XChalllenge and XCountry.

Apoligies for sounding daft, but would a couple of mm of play in the rear sprocket indicate worn cush drive rubbers?
Is it meant to have no play at all?

Many thanks
Mike

Nathan
If you have any Cush drive rubbers for X Country available I would be interested in purchasing two sets.
Regards Mitch

So some of you may remember i started getting replacement cush rubbers produced for the XChallenge and Xcountry a few years back, see original thread here: https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showt...e-rubbers-for-an-XChallenge-or-maybe-Xcountry

This has been ticking over despite some huge cost increases on the manufacturing side of things, but it has got to the point where my current stock has gone and i need to place another order.

The issue i have is that the costs of the cush rubbers have increased to the point i now have to pass this on, as well as the increase in postage costs.

Moving forwards a set of cush rubbers will cost £65/ set.

Postage has also increased, and the rates for tracked/signed for services are now as follows:

UK £6
EU £15
USA £20
Australia £18.

Postage costs will be fixed regardless of the number of sets of cush rubbers are ordered.

This increase in costs, combined with the increase in minimum order quantities the manufacturer are requiring, means that in order to place the next order i will need to take a £20 deposit for a minimum of 50 orders to justify the next production run.

Deposits can be made via paypal using the friends/family/gift option to: DJackaman@aol.com.

Important:When sending funds, please include your email address and name/ forum name so i can match any requests up and also keep track of where the deposits have come from.

Once the i've taken delivery of the cush rubbers i will be in touch again to arrange for the final payments.

If for any reason this doesn't go ahead all deposits shall be returned.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Kind regards,

Nathan
Hi Nathan, I have a BMW X Challenge 2007 - Do you still have cush rubbers for sale?

Hi Nathan, I have a BMW X Challenge 2007 - Do you still have cush rubbers for sale?

Hi Guys,

Please accept my apologies for the radio silence on this thread- i'd completely forgotten about it.

The current situation is that i don't have any cush rubbers available at present and the manufacturing costs are now so high that despite putting prices up with the last batch, they were still only at break even, and that didn't cover my time or the interest on my credit card. Because of this i've currently decided to shelve this project for the time being.

But there is another reason behind taking a step back, there is a chap in the states producing and alternative on a much more wallet friendly basis:

I have no connection with the link above, but i would welcome any feedback on the quality if any of you decide to try a set.

Nathan

Hi Nathan - Feedback as requested-
I've just received an order from Perrys and have mailed Patrick back with questions re sizing- I am querying the gap between the rubbers and size- I'll post up when I hear from him-He sounds like a very helpful fellow and rapid on comms. so fingers crossed.
On eyeball Mk1
The gap on OE is 5mm on Perrys 8mm
Height is the same
the slanted cut is different ( less pronounced than on OE
The larger 'triangle' is flatter/looks wider due to slant.

In the I am currently unable to fit these new Perry ones as my Xcountry is away having its supension sorted out-picture, the O.E is on top, Perrys' below.
I'll update when I can put these in my wheel and see it all fits 🤞
cush2.jpg

Attachments

• Xcountry Perry cushdrives.jpg
    Xcountry Perry cushdrives.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Apology- pictures got scrambled- the OE are the shiny, polished ones!

Apology- pictures got scrambled- the OE are the shiny, polished ones!
Here is the reply from Patrick at Perrys just received 10/11/23 14:35 - told you he was quick!!
The image is his
Over to you, I've done my bit :)
Screenshot_20231110_143229_Gmail.jpg

Crikey
After all the 'noise', this threads' gone quiet!!!

Hi Nathan - Feedback as requested-
I've just received an order from Perrys and have mailed Patrick back with questions re sizing- I am querying the gap between the rubbers and size- I'll post up when I hear from him-He sounds like a very helpful fellow and rapid on comms. so fingers crossed.
On eyeball Mk1
The gap on OE is 5mm on Perrys 8mm
Height is the same
the slanted cut is different ( less pronounced than on OE
The larger 'triangle' is flatter/looks wider due to slant.

In the I am currently unable to fit these new Perry ones as my Xcountry is away having its supension sorted out-picture, the O.E is on top, Perrys' below.
I'll update when I can put these in my wheel and see it all fits 🤞
View attachment 291505
Thanks for the feedback! Fingers crossed they do the job!

They fit and they work.
Better than 'unobtainiums' !

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231117_155122_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231117_155122_Gallery.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom