5 hours.

IMG_2417.jpegThis pic is the one that wouldn’t load yesterday showing the bits ready to go up.

So you sleep under the tarp or park your bike and tent under it?
If that’s aimed at me then yes. Apart from the bike bit. Sometimes a tarp and sleeping bag ( on an airbed ) only, and other times if it’s going to be pissing down then a tarp goes up first. Then a tent under it, or part of it.
Other times just a tent if I’m hiking. All depends if I’m in the car, on the motorbike, on my emtb or on foot as to what I take. :thumb2 I have yet to get a bivi bag.

I've got a few tents kicking about the house - never used a tarp, have seen a pal use a bivi bag, would rather sleep under a flysheet but lack of groundsheet isn't epic
I do like the idea of a tarp to give a decent bit of shelter from sun or rain though...

Must’ve done it by now shirley? :nenau

Come on……… you must’ve done it by now shirley? :nenau

Apologies if anyone has already brought this up, but for any tarp, paracord is your best friend…

Add lengths of paracord to replace the cord at each corner, looped at the end and long enough to be tensioned when erect.
Peg out one corner and hook the paracord under it, then walk 5-6 paces and put in the second peg (you get the idea…) until all 4 corner pegs are in the ground with a cord attached. The tarp is now flat on the ground and centred, ready for the poles to go up underneath it and stretch the cords.

If that takes more than 5mins then you probably spent time looking for a peg or a pole section… Hope that helps someone.

Pictures of erections is one thing. Getting the erection up in the first place, when solo, is quite another. Ask the OP.
Maybe some photographic assistance will help rather than replying on imagination and hope.

Back
Top Bottom