A Run to the Hills 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now wouldn't ya think a man of leisure could organise his bikin' time a bit better :rolleyes:

Them fisherman type doods have no concept of time at all.

Sitting by the water all day, talking to themselves. An occasional nap, broken only by a severe start when they think (falsely) that they have a bite. Drinking tepid tae from a battered stainless steel flask and eating sandwiches with curled up corners cos they have been in a canvas bag sitting out in the sun for several hours.

And you expect one of them to arrange to be in Donegal in late March with only five months notice? WTF are you on lad? :nenau

Now wouldn't ya think a man of leisure could organise his bikin' time a bit better :rolleyes:

Look, this retirement thing is no joke, there's crosswords to be done, internet to be surfed and there are a number of trout remaining in Ireland I haven't caught yet. D'ye think I've the time to be fartin' around mucky sheughs in Donegal? :nenau

Them fisherman type doods have no concept of time at all.

Sitting by the water all day, talking to themselves. An occasional nap, broken only by a severe start when they think (falsely) that they have a bite. Drinking tepid tae from a battered stainless steel flask and eating sandwiches with curled up corners cos they have been in a canvas bag sitting out in the sun for several hours.

And you expect one of them to arrange to be in Donegal in late March with only five months notice? WTF are you on lad? :nenau

Here boy, it's not all swannin' aound river banks and lough shores ye know. It's bloody hard work sometimes. Stepped out of the boat on Loughinisland Lake last week and fell into a hole up to me oxters. Had to drive home in me keks and a Barbour jacket, praying there'd be no police checks on the road. :eek: And I got into a bit of trouble swingin' me leg over an electric fence on the Colebrook River the other day, twas a wee bit higher that I thought - so I'm there straddled with the damn thing tickin' away like a time bomb, about an inch from me knackers, sweat pourin' off me brow. :eek: :eek: Wee Jimmy came to the rescue, but it took a wee minute 'cos the bugger was rolling around on the ground for a while.

So, don't give me that any of that oul rural tranquillity stuff, it's a serious business this fishing :thumb

GPS Co-ordinates for Lennon Lodge

Lads and ladettes,

This may have been posted by someone before me but here you go.

N55 02.205 W7 38.722

The Lennon Lodge is the main B&B and bar for the event.

See you up there.

Errol.

shuck raider said:
And I got into a bit of trouble swingin' me leg over an electric fence on the Colebrook River the other day, twas a wee bit higher that I thought - so I'm there straddled with the damn thing tickin' away like a time bomb, about an inch from me knackers, sweat pourin' off me brow. Wee Jimmy came to the rescue, but it took a wee minute 'cos the bugger was rolling around on the ground for a while.

As a friend of mine used to say - 'I just got a visual of that'

:jes :jes

Aopologies for being incommuniado, from Thunder and meslef - blame those numpties at BT!

Right. What have I missed? Who's taking what route? If we're heading from Lisburn, where's a good place to join up?

If we're heading from Lisburn, where's a good place to join up?

Hi Melanie,

We could meet up at the Moira roundabout. I will ring Roger when the posse arrives at my place and we can arrange a time. How long will it take you to get across to there?

The plan at the moment is to go via Banbridge, Moira, Nutts Corner, Templepatrick, Ballynure then on to Larne and the coast road. Which should give other folk an idea of where they can join in with us.

The plan at the moment is to go via Banbridge, Moira, NUTTS CORNER Templepatrick, Ballynure then on to Larne and the coast road. Which should give other folk an idea of where they can join in with us.

IF YE ARE GOIN DOWN THAT WAY COULD YE CALL IN AT MINE TO PICK ME UP:rolleyes:

it would be great to have a load of tossers trundleing down my wee road.

if you know where the GREENHALL reataraunt used to be Aidan,i live down the wee road opposite.... legateriff road which becomes the scroggy rd.9 scroggy rd is my house.
failing that if you phone me after picking roger up at moira roundabout i will go out to the main road and wait for ye's.

it will just be me as janette is goin up in the car later.

cheers

Will there be tea ? :augie

jeez boy what sort o bladder have ye:confused:

but yes if you want:thumb2

and room to park while you're drinkin it:rolleyes:
and a bun or a biccie.
and a place fer a pish...

Ok.. don't rightly know where to post this.. but here's as good a place as any...

There's a double room spare as we can't make it after all (our booking is now canceled)...:(

I've had a bad cold for the last two weeks (so bad I've not even been to the pub for two consecutive weekends..!!) and it turned into an ear infection.. I've taken antibiotics for the last two days and they've not kicked in yet so I don't want to risk it...:tears

Tried my ear plugs earlier and I was in agony, so its another weekend on the wagon for me... while your all out enjoying yourselves...:thedummy

See y'all next time... Sue n James....

Ok.. don't rightly know where to post this.. but here's as good a place as any...

There's a double room spare as we can't make it after all (our booking is now canceled)...:(

I've had a bad cold for the last two weeks (so bad I've not even been to the pub for two consecutive weekends..!!) and it turned into an ear infection.. I've taken antibiotics for the last two days and they've not kicked in yet so I don't want to risk it...:tears

Tried my ear plugs earlier and I was in agony, so its another weekend on the wagon for me... while your all out enjoying yourselves...:thedummy

Send the wee lad by himself why don't ya, honest, we will look after him :aidan

Hope your feeling better soon Sue :thumb

You're losing your hardcore image:D

A Run to the Hills

Hi To All

Hope you all have a ball this week end RIDE SAFE and don't drown Oonyack in the Black Stuff,look forward to the aftermath reportand photo's.

Erroll may catch up with you at the OGHB's sometime

:beer:
Schultz

Sorry to hear that Sue. :(

We were very much looking forward to your and James's company and showing you around Donegal.

Keep taking the tablets dear and we'll catch up with you somewhere soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom