Let's go again. :)

Crapaud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
2023 was a great success so let's do it all again in 2024, 15th - 18th August.

Very similar format but with a few minor changes.

We are starting on Thursday as the Medieval Festival is on the Thursday night in Monflanquin. See last years event for pictures. This really is an awesme event and all free of charge. Those who came this year said it was one of the highlights of their trip.

Apart from that, it's pretty much the same.

Friday will again be a decent ride out of the surrounding superb roads visiting numerous interesting sights. Friday night we will ride to the event in the beautiful town of Beauville for food, drink and entertainment. I will again arrange for safe VIP parking for all our bikes.

Saturday is Chill Out time. Relax by/in the pool and recharge yourself. Our excellent chef, Sumprat will be cooking and plenty of drinks will be provided.
A fully equipped workshop is available with tyre changing facilities. But this doesn't mean you should ride here on a bald tyre (no names!).

Saturday night is the Grand Party with many of our local friends ad neighbours in attendance. After dinner, we will have a range of entertainment from professional singers to happy amateurs.

Sunday will include another ride out.

There is lots of place for camping. A few beds available both in the house and in the games room. There are gites and Air B&Bs available nearby. The nearest village is Dausse.

Any questions, just ask.

Sid

Awesome, can we camp again please? Dogs are booked into kennels, we will be with you on the Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Sid - this years event looked amazing, so if I could take you up on your kind hospitality for next year that would be great! Camping please Arriving on the Thursday.

I'll be there Sid, probably from the weekend before to help with setup and some other jobs that we disccussed this year.

Neil

Hi Sid
Thats a very kind invitation, it’s in my diary and will work on a more gentle trip down which builds in the dates.

Had such a lovely time meeting and joining in.

Put me on the washing up list and I will ensure I have more tread on my tyre than this time.

Camping for me please - lake side, below the trees was a charming spot.

Please say Hi to Ann.

See you next year
Dane

Hi Sid, could you save some space for 1 tent and 2 people. me and mrs scarside would like to attend your legendary shindig it looks like a good do

Can't believe I missed this. I only live in Bergerac as well!! A very busy summer and friends over from the UK put paid to much of my motorcycling plans. Hopefully next year.

Hi Sid

2024 dates are now in my diary, and if there's a small room/bed I could reserve in advance that would be superb.

Always appreciative of your generosity & hospitality :love

I really wanted to come down this year as my 1st trip to Europe on the GS, but I was in the US instead.

Would I be ok to come next year and stake a claim on a room/bed/bunk since I’ve sold all my camping gear except for sleeping bag and Trangia?

Thanks, and looking forward to it.

May I attend please (same room would be great, I’ll try and entice the whole family this time 👍

I’d be happy to attend Sid @Crapaud .
However this is to be confirmed yet, due to workload and other trips/holiday commitments within relatively short time apart. If there is a small room I could bag, then that would be great, if not, I could do camping somewhere in the shade.

Can you please remind us the dates for the event?

Cheers

EV

EV,
It's in the title of the thread.
15th to 18th August but you can come early and leave later if you want.

It's camping, on matresses in the games room or campervans. Rooms in the house get allocated months ahead
Thurs 15th is the medieval festival in Montflanquin amd is a sight to behold

EV,
It's in the title of the thread.
15th to 18th August but you can come early and leave later if you want.

It's camping, on matresses in the games room or campervans. Rooms in the house get allocated months ahead
Thurs 15th is the medieval festival in Montflanquin amd is a sight to behold
Ahh… I have not seen that bit, as it seem to be its own entity, with actual thread title being, “Let’s go again. :)

Having seen the dates now, I doubt I’ll be attending though, as I have a family trip orchestrated from 13th-22nd of August.

Should this plan change, then I will attend the event.

Thank you, for the insight though.

EV

Last edited:
Hi Sid, I hope you're keeping well. I've only just seen this and not been to one of your events since Cornwall !! I was wondering if there would still be room for another camping if I can free up a few days to come over ?

Many thanks to all who have expressed an interest above. This years event really was fantastic. I say that as host as I was so chuffed that various old friends turned up but that we also made many more good friends and had a great time.
Good food, good booze, excellent company and a great chill out time. What more do you want.
We try hard every year to make a great event but it needs lot of good people to be a success.
We have plenty of room for camping over 17 acres. The games room can sleep several so there is room for all.
Please check details and pics on last years event or please post if you have any questions.
Money back guarantee if not happy (NB event is FREE!).
See you all in 2024.

Back
Top Bottom