Anyone fitted SW-Motech engine bars?

Gyp

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
SW-Motech supply 2 main upper mounting bolts with the kit - 320mm and 330mm and they leave it up to the installer to determine which one is suitable as there are manufacturing differences between models.

I picked up a set pre-loved a couple of weeks ago which only came with 1 of the 2 bolts. It goes all the way though but isn't quite long enough to connect with the nylock insert on the nut.

Of course the one thing I didn't do but should have done is measured the bolt before I put it in, and it's not easy to do now it's in the bike :) . I'm assuming that it's the 320mm but can't be sure. If the bolt was 10mm longer it would sit proud by about 8mm, but at least it would be through the nylock insert.

I've tried to find somewhere online selling M12x330mm DIN 931 stainless but with no luck. 320mm a plenty of course, so if I needed shorter it would be easy.

Threaded bar cut to length in this case but it does sound terrifyingly long

Threaded bar cut to length in this case but it does sound terrifyingly long
That's certainly an option if I can't find a bolt the right length.

You're right, it does sound long, but with any engine mount that goes all the way from one side to the other, it's going to be long.

That's certainly an option if I can't find a bolt the right length.

You're right, it does sound long, but with any engine mount that goes all the way from one side to the other, it's going to be long.
After hours of searching, I thought I'd try SW-Motech.

£9

Back
Top Bottom