Auritech Ear Plugs.

KMD

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’ve been an avid fan of Ultimate Ears in ear monitors for quite a few years now. I’ve had about three sets of them. Checking and testing before a recent trip I found my monitors had failed, but it was too late to get a replacement set or get mine repaired so I resigned myself to using loudspeakers in the helmet with ear plugs. At my local bike shop I asked for some foam earplugs, and asked ‘do you have anything that works with helmet loudspeakers ‘?

I was shown these Auritech plugs, which have a venturi type noise filter and at only £20, had to be worth a try. In practice I found them easy to install into the ear, and comfortable to the point that after a short while I couldn’t actually feel them in place. The stems didn’t protrude out of the ear so as to foul against the speaker and cause discomfort and they stayed in place throughout a ride. They worked well as a noise attenuating ear plug, but performed really well at letting the loudspeaker signals through with great clarity.
I found them so good that I have found myself re-thinking my commitment to in ear monitors. At only £20 they are cheaper than it would cost to have my Ultimate Ears examined for faults, let alone repaired. They come with a nice aluminium tube for storage and a loop to attach it to your key ring or lanyard. I like them a lot and would recommend them as fit for purpose, and good value for money.
IMG_1190.jpeg

I have been using them for a couple of years. I find them more comfortable than foam earplugs and control sounds much better IMO.

Reactions: KMD
I couldn't get on with them and am back using foam ones. More comfortable for me.

Reactions: KMD
I have used foam earplugs for over 30 years.
I have never had a problem hearing the intercom or satnav directions (Autocom and now the Sena Shoei setup).

The advice I got 30 years ago was to make sure the speakers are properly opposite the ear canal otherwise the ear plugs will block a lot of the speaker sound.

tom

Back
Top Bottom