Custom Fit Guards - EarPlug Monitors

GDS968

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just a quick heads up for the brilliant service i received at Custom Fit Guards for a pair of their CF Ride in ear monitors. Had been looking for sometime to get a set of these and a change in helmet from my old Scorpion Carbon Fibre helmet using Cardo Speakers to my new XLite Modular helmet where the speaker cut outs just didnt work pushed the situation to the front.

Ordered a pair of the CF Ride plugs with dual speakers and short cables etc. After a home visit to take an ear impression I sat back and waited for them to land. Throughtout the process I was informed by email at what stage they were in production and they finally turned up after about a 4 week wait. First impressions after a short ride were not good!! Loads of wind noise, although the sound out of them was very good and loud. I had opted for a filter in the plug also and after a quick chat with them via email they were sent back and the filter pluged up and the ear plugs "double dipped" to help with the sealing in my ears. At this stage I was also informed that if this did not work then another ear impression would be taken. Needless to say that when they came back and tried out on the bike they were better but still too loud for me.

Custom Fit Guards then came out again and took a second set of impressions (open jaw) and after discussing with them the options and issues i had, I opted for a sealed system rather than the removable option the CF Ride version allows i.e the speaker cable is attached permanently. Glad i did as when they arrived back (less than a week after the impression) they were in a different league, although i still had a slight issue with the left plug. No problem back they went to CFG and the left plug "double dipped" and then back with me 2 days later. Perfect...took them on a 313 mile ride down to see my brother in North Devon and never had any discomfort for the trip there and back.

If anything my Cardo Bold is now too loud even with the volumn at its lowest setting, I kid you not!! They allow a reasonable amount of ambient sound in as well but not overpowering wind nosie. I was blown away by how good the CFG service was and continued to be throughout the issues i had untill resolved. It cost me no more than the initial price of the ear plugs to get all issues sorted even accounting for the home visit for the second ear impressions, although i did pay for the retun postage when sending back for tweeks which i had no issues with.

Just thought i would post my experience with this company as this type of service seems to be hard to find these days and if anyone is thinking of getting in ear monitors then take a look at these guys whilst you are hunting round, you won't be dissapointed!

I am visiting them on Friday for virtually the same problem. My original guards without speakers are brilliant, but the new set seem to allow more noise in from the front of the bike and the exhaust.
They’ve already remade them, but I think I’m going to go for sealed system

I ordered a set of CF Ride plugs with dual speakers and go them a couple of months ago and was not impressed with the noise blocking compared to my older non speaker ones. I also had the filter and contacted them and the suggested getting them double dipped and filling in the extra filter holes. So I sent them back. Got them back and while a little better still not great. I still have to have any audio source turned up full to hear it and if I move my jaw a bit they seem to seal better. Am I being unrealistic in terms of how loud the speakers should be? Anyone else find them a little quite?

I am going to pop along for a chat with them at Birmingham show in a couple of day and see what they say.

I ordered a set of CF Ride plugs with dual speakers and go them a couple of months ago and was not impressed with the noise blocking compared to my older non speaker ones. I also had the filter and contacted them and the suggested getting them double dipped and filling in the extra filter holes. So I sent them back. Got them back and while a little better still not great. I still have to have any audio source turned up full to hear it and if I move my jaw a bit they seem to seal better. Am I being unrealistic in terms of how loud the speakers should be? Anyone else find them a little quite?

I am going to pop along for a chat with them at Birmingham show in a couple of day and see what they say.
As mentioned i had the opposite with my sealed ones, i have to have the Cardo on miinimum otherwise they are too loud!! The big difference for me was having the speakers sealed within the earplug!

As mentioned i had the opposite with my sealed ones, i have to have the Cardo on miinimum otherwise they are too loud!! The big difference for me was having the speakers sealed within the earplug!
Cheers - I'll see what they have to say at NEC, when I go in the next day or 2

Back
Top Bottom