Brake warning light on

glynngs800

Reaction score
GS 2011 twin cam.. Brake warning light in red and triangle warning on dash came on and stopped on,
every now and then speedo does not work.
checked hand guard clearance and fluids all ok,
brakes feel like there working ok .
any ideas ???

cheers bendy toy ,
I changed the final drive oil about 700mls ago... just checked sensor and it seems to be sat in ok with oil ring ?
does it need replacing ?

Would you have put a new o-ring on it perhaps? The mounting screw ear should be flush against the casing.

Would you have put a new o-ring on it perhaps? The mounting screw ear should be flush against the casing.

Just had exactly the same thing happen to my 11 twin cam.
Replaced rear sensor and that sorted it. Picked one up second hand on ebay for £25.
Check you clipped it back in properly as if you miss the last metal clip the cable could rub on the disc and wear through .

I forgot to fit the sensor O ring (D'Oh) when I fitted my rebuilt final drive. It really flood the oil out so if its not leaking the seal is fine.

Check the wire all the way up to the connector buy the rear shock. It might only need a contacts clean or a repair on the wire if its chafed.

Also check the wiring bundle alongside the battery box. I recently helped splice in a some new wire where the loom had chafed and rubbed well through the insulation and into the copper.

Don't forget there is also a front wheel speed sensor.

Back
Top Bottom