Cam chain split link

Nobby

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking for somewhere to buy a split link for replacing cam chain in the bike? Anyone know any where..the one place people seem to go to is sold out, wondering if anyone had any other leads or it’s an engine out job. Anyone seen split rubbers before?

Attachments

• 2FB7812F-584A-4084-A9E9-AB163A93E214.jpeg
    2FB7812F-584A-4084-A9E9-AB163A93E214.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 20
  • C5BCABFE-FB7D-4076-9878-E00A82D60127.jpeg
    C5BCABFE-FB7D-4076-9878-E00A82D60127.jpeg
    231.1 KB · Views: 19
Should come with the new chain surley

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

The official method is a right PITA, as documented here ............ https://www.advrider.com/f/threads/d-i-y-cam-chain-replacement.727687/ Seems little short of ridiculous.

Whilst I am not sure of the exact spec of the OE continuous chain, surely the split link is pretty standardised. Someone like DID should be able to provide if you search against the chain spec rather than the bike. Don't forget the tensioner guide rails; I gather they are often the source of the issue with chain stretch.

Should come with the new chain surley

One piece chain.to it the by bmw info is to remove and split the engine.

One piece chain.to it the by bmw info is to remove and split the engine.
But surley a pattern split chain is available?

Galea? Is he still going?

Motoally did my 650 cam chain. Pretty sure he used all BMW parts, either the chain came with a rivet link or he split it and used a rivet link. Def no engine split.

But surley a pattern split chain is available?

Galea? Is he still going?

just checked , internet might be lying.
Motoally did my 650 cam chain. Pretty sure he used all BMW parts, either the chain came with a rivet link or he split it and used a rivet link. Def no engine split.
closed.

Hi,
This gent has used a split link. I think somewhere in the comments he says where he got the chain and link from.

Back
Top Bottom