CB750 Hornet

Life goes full circle!

You start out in life on a little Honda, and you wrap it up on a little Honda.

Looks a great bike

60636ecafa2429f09d08e28d87eea03a.png

ceb5814e2acd8ac79013995fdf38c702.png

I had the original 600 Hornet in 1998 and it was brilliant.
This looks to be a belter on paper.
Cheap too.

Luggage options too

4ef8ce4739c19d52c59ebb46ded287f5.jpg

0ae1d23471908228443799e9fa1a747f.jpg

I like the white with red frame

ea87f765585337f92509c1b545ae143b.jpg

I tried one today and it was great.

The concern was that it would be too much like the 790 Duke which although a fantastic bike, seemed to want to get me sent to prison and was no fun unless I rode it like I'd stolen it. I've had two and didn't ride them much.

Hornet 750 can be almost as naughty but doesn't encourage it so I've ordered a grey one.

This colour is the longest delivery time and I'm unlikely to see it before the end of May.

Should be good.

The 750 Hornet just won a comparison test against the Triumph Trident - especially taking into account Value for Money

Snap!
I've ordered a grey one too, with heated grips and quick change, would have gone for black, but didn't really like the red frame, which rules out the black and white ones.

Snap!
I've ordered a grey one too, with heated grips and quick change, would have gone for black, but didn't really like the red frame, which rules out the black and white ones.

I didn't like the red frame as much as the black

I'll have the quick-shifter but will fit my own Oxford Advanced heated grips.

My local dealer said they've now sold 25 including one to someone in Falkirk in Scotland which seems very strange.

End of May before I'm likely to get mine.

I have just bought the below screen - hopefully fitting will be straightforward this evening, as there are only 3 screws on each side...

Attachments

• CB750 Screen.JPG
    CB750 Screen.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 251
I'll have the quick-shifter but will fit my own Oxford Advanced heated grips.

I'd recommend getting the Honda one; the price included fitting and it ends up being a tidier job - assuming the oxford one has a bar mounted controller unit. Although it might be a little more expensive than the Oxford one I think it will be worth it once you've paid for it and forgotten about the price discrepancy.

Rode one for an hour and a half today, and was very impressed. Reminded me of the KTM390 Duke I foolishly sold, but with lots more power and (hopefully) Honda build quality.

Only question is whether a (low mileage one year old) KTM Duke 890 R would be a better bike….anyone able to comment?

Rode one for an hour and a half today, and was very impressed. Reminded me of the KTM390 Duke I foolishly sold, but with lots more power and (hopefully) Honda build quality.

Only question is whether a (low mileage one year old) KTM Duke 890 R would be a better bike….anyone able to comment?

I've had two 790 Dukes and whilst they were fantastic bikes and did everything they were supposed to very well, for me they weren't fun unless you were riding hard so I didn't ride them much.

When I tried the Hornet, I thought it may be like the 790 and if it was I wouldn't have bought it.

I also have a 390 Duke which I've had since 2017 and done 12k miles on inc several trips to the Isle of Man, Nice, Alps, Guernsey, Jersey and La Rochelle. I don't know why it works so well for me but is perfect for French N&D roads, keeps me out of trouble and you have to ride it more than the bigger bikes.

Maybe when the Hornet arrives I'll sell the 390? It's not worth much so maybe I'll just keep it?

I have just bought the below screen - hopefully fitting will be straightforward this evening, as there are only 3 screws on each side...

I need to buy a screen and front mudguard extender for mine.

Please will you report back on how you find your screen?

Thanks

Deposit placed this afternoon on a grey Hornet, hoping for June delivery 🤞. Opted for Quickshifter and heated grips and the little windshield thing.

Wonder if they’ll develop it into a half faired version. Looks to be crying out for a little more bodywork up front. Or would that take it too close to the 1100?
Red frame not for me either, need to see one in the flesh but the yellow looks good in the pics.

Better? For anyone suckered by the KTM strapline "Ready to Race", then definitely yes.

Better? For anyone suckered by the KTM strapline "Ready to Race", then definitely yes.

or you could lap this up instead:blast

The Power of Dreams
At Honda, we believe in dreams.
Dreams that bring joy to people.
Driven by a challenging spirit,
each of us at Honda seeks to create new value
that brings dreams to life.
The smile on people’s faces gives us passion
and courage to take on new challenges.
Through "The Power of Dreams"
we will continue to share joy
with our customers and society.