Come on, who's tested it today?

Hade test ride on a Ducati MS V4s

Reactions: FD2
Test ride tomorrow at Barrie Robson York, a triple black has all the luggage too ! I also have one booked at Virtu on Wednesday without the luggage ,might cancel that.

Wednesday at Halliwell Jones but likely order from Williams Manchester based on past experiences(of both!)

Motorrad embargo on test rides until tomorrow. So which dealers have been naughty or are people telling porkies?

Had one hour test ride today on the All Black 1300. Weather wasn't great & to be honest I was a little underwhelmed !. It felt lighter and more agile to flick about (but didn't have paniers on like my existing 1250gs). It didn't feel as smooth as mine when going slow in higher gears and seemed to be snatching and the engine rattled like a bag of spanners. I wasn't sure if it was set up correctly and maybe it would be better after its first 600 mile service??. I was trying to see how it coped low down the revs in comparison to my 1250 but it wasn't as good. I think just trying to plod along in 6th or even 5th it wasn't happy below 30mph on the flat. It would pick up ok but didn't want to just amble along at that speed with out rattling and snatching. Maybe it was an unfair test on a bike that was new ??.
Rest of it was ok, liked the simpler cast subframe and it has better shielding to stop the back wheel throwing dirt up at the rear shock etc.
I wanted to like it and was going to order one. But to be honest I was put off and think my existing 1250 is actually better in the engine & even the quickshifter on the 1300 wasn't a big improvement (but my 1250 is a 2022 build and has always been pretty good on the quickshifter for a boxer twin. Better than my first my2019 1250gs).
I will do another test ride when it's a better day and on a bike with more miles on it and has had its first service.

Had one hour test ride today on the All Black 1300. Weather wasn't great & to be honest I was a little underwhelmed !. It felt lighter and more agile to flick about (but didn't have paniers on like my existing 1250gs). It didn't feel as smooth as mine when going slow in higher gears and seemed to be snatching and the engine rattled like a bag of spanners. I wasn't sure if it was set up correctly and maybe it would be better after its first 600 mile service??. I was trying to see how it coped low down the revs in comparison to my 1250 but it wasn't as good. I think just trying to plod along in 6th or even 5th it wasn't happy below 30mph on the flat. It would pick up ok but didn't want to just amble along at that speed with out rattling and snatching. Maybe it was an unfair test on a bike that was new ??.
Rest of it was ok, liked the simpler cast subframe and it has better shielding to stop the back wheel throwing dirt up at the rear shock etc.
I wanted to like it and was going to order one. But to be honest I was put off and think my existing 1250 is actually better in the engine & even the quickshifter on the 1300 wasn't a big improvement (but my 1250 is a 2022 build and has always been pretty good on the quickshifter for a boxer twin. Better than my first my2019 1250gs).
I will do another test ride when it's a better day and on a bike with more miles on it and has had its first service.

Interesting stuff, but 30mph in 6th (or 5th) ?? Hardly a realistic test I'd have thought, I'd typically be in 3rd at 30mph on my 1250, and can't think of any scenario where it'd be a good idea to be in 5th or 6th.

Congrats, what ya gone for ?
I've gone for trophy colour with a few extras, lecy windscreen, engine bars, pannier rack etc.
I took one out for an hour and a half around roads i know well including small country roads and open A roads.
It felt lighter , slightly lower(or narrower seat?) and more nimble in slow traffic. On more open roads it was quicker than my 1250 , handling was firmer and very confidence inspiring. Over all to me it's just better than my old bike. I should get it mid november coz i changed my order spec slightly so it got pushed back.
Congrats, what ya gone for ?

Interesting stuff, but 30mph in 6th (or 5th) ?? Hardly a realistic test I'd have thought, I'd typically be in 3rd at 30mph on my 1250, and can't think of any scenario where it'd be a good idea to be in 5th or 6th.
I was just slowing down in slow moving traffic which then sped up again, so it was a realistic scenario. Think I can on my 1250 but you've got me wondering now :) . Agree if it had been on an upward incline I should be in a lower gear. It was the way the engine reacted by snatching and rattling without putting any load on it. When I opened the throttle it accelerated fine even without changing down, it just didn't like cruising along at a fixed throttle at low speed . (Hard to explain but just didn't seem right).

The other thing I wasn't struck on was the new way the switching works to change suspension settings, or DTC, or seat heating \heated grips + a few others. Won't even try to explain it in detail :) . But basically you push one new button and that brings up the list and then you use the wonder wheel to go through them and flip it right to select which function you want to change it set. Trouble was I couldn't find where you saw what the suspension was set to without going into the menus again??. Maybe there was a way but didn't find it. On the 1250 you push the one toggle button and you see suspension mode & what its set to and you see the height (min max or auto) . Never did find the height setting nor did the sales chap :) . Sure it will have one!. Unless the test bike didn't have it??.

I would say the bike i rode pulled better from low revs than the 1250 , if anything the throttle was a little too sensitive.

I would say the bike i rode pulled better from low revs than the 1250 , if anything the throttle was a little too sensitive.
It pulled ok it just didn't like not being under load or under engine braking if it was just an steady slow speed load it wasn't happy. Yes, I found the throttle was either on or off. I did try the different modes -- road \rain \dynamic but all went from closed to on with just a slight opening throttle. Again it seemed like a setup issue. I know they don't have cables but as a comparison it was like you used to get if you had no slack in the throttle cable.

Last edited:
Went to have a look at them in Chester on Saturday, they were starting their test rides today (Monday) as they had run them in. They got 4, one of each but none with the adaptive height suspension so I didn't bother booking a test
Asked them to e mail when they get one in as they said they were going to order one with the suspension as a demo as most had asked.
They only got what BMW allocated them, no idea if or who has a demo with the suspension
Loved the look of the bike, some nice touches added on the triple black

Or have you been told a porkie !. :)
It wouldn't be the first time by a BMW dealer... :ROFLMAO:

The first dealer I contacted via the Motorrad website said they hoped to have a bike by the end of the year. OTOH, perhaps they weren't lying, just well behind the curve. Regardless, they're off my xmas card list. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom