Daily Mileage?

Long time ago,
Did Jacksonville,Florida to NY in one very long day.
750 Toaster missus on the back,pissed down most of the way.
Wouldnt want to do it again.
Gotta be just sub 1k.

Ok, put me down for 800. Le Mans-Edinburgh via the Normandy beaches and Channel Tunnel. Ended up riding through the night, absolutely frozen to the bone in the pissing rain. Not pleasant.

Anyone done Amsterdam to Southern Germany in a day ? I'm looking to get from the ferry to Kempten in June. Comes up as 489 miles, but is it a good or a bad 489, with maybe an overnighter required in between ?

I once did Cockermouth to the ace cafe, then on to pool in Dorset, 140 miles around that area, with some mates from that area, then back home, set out 5.00am, left pooll at 8.00pm, got home the following 1.30am

Think it was around 900 miles

Did many a 500 miler to catch the ferry,

Not done as many the past couple of years, did Normandy last year again, but stayed in Portsmouth, and that was about the only time I used the bike!

Like others I like to get started early when touring abroad, but stop reasonably early, it's ok doing it a few days but gets tedious day after day

Like others I like to get started early when touring abroad, but stop reasonably early, it's ok doing it a few days but gets tedious day after day

Up and on the road at 6am, 200 miles on empty roads then stop for breakfast. Best part of the day. :thumb2

Ok, put me down for 800. Le Mans-Edinburgh via the Normandy beaches and Channel Tunnel. Ended up riding through the night, absolutely frozen to the bone in the pissing rain. Not pleasant.

Anyone done Amsterdam to Southern Germany in a day ? I'm looking to get from the ferry to Kempten in June. Comes up as 489 miles, but is it a good or a bad 489, with maybe an overnighter required in between ?

The traffic can be quite heavy on the motorway in Holland and also around the Ruhr valley and Cologne area. I'd say it's definitely doable, but not very enjoyable and would recommend a cross-country route once you get into Germany.

Back
Top Bottom