Dash Warning Lights

Baza 07

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,need a little help i've a 2010 R 1200 gs when i switch the ignition on a
Red triangle comes on,then it goes Yellow,then a Brake Failure starts flashing,
any idea on how to stop it,or could someone please explain whats going on
Cheers Baza

Going through its check to let you know its working. When you ride off thr brake failure light will go out after a few yards.

They all do that sir, after a few metres the brake failure warning light should go out.
My MOT tester knows this is just a quirk of the bikes, so should not be a concern.

Thanks for your replies,sad news tho,the brake failure light stays flashing
even after an hours ride,any ideas please,,,Cheers Baza

Possibly an issue with the sensors. You need to get the codes read and see if it points to anything in particular. Is your speedo behaving itself? If not it may be the rear Abs sensor.

ABS pump brushes gummed up - they all do it - except on this forum where we all pretend it never happened to anyone

Thanks again for your objective input. There are plenty of threads on here about ABS issues. But, they all do it? Not really. 🤡

Thanks for your replies,sad news tho,the brake failure light stays flashing
even after an hours ride,any ideas please,,,Cheers Baza
As said, get the codes read. Go from there. Find someone with a GS-911 code reader? I had a code for my 'front ABS sensor' but it turned out to be a chafed cable between the brain and the front sensor connector which, once repaired and the chafe risk eliminated, went away; brakes are fine. I was lucky? But you could be too. Codes are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of ......

Hi all thanks for your replies,i'll report back Saturday [with a bit of luck] i should
have my new OBD2 by then :D
Word of warning,,,,then you'll see the Qs fly :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:;)

this is the baby u want (a later better one where u can get remote firmware updates) pre 2016 bikes need the silly round 16 pin diagnostic adaptor too

Unicarscan UCSI-2100​

Supported protocols:
OBD-2 protocols: ISO9141-2, KWP2000 slow init, KWP2000 fast init, CAN 11bit / 250kB, CAN 11bit / 500kB, CAN 29bit / 250kB, CAN 29bit / 500kB
BMW protocols: KWP2000, KWP2000 *, D-CAN and UDS.

Long shot but have a look to see it the front brake lever is being fouled by the hand guard.

Happened to me on departure from a main dealer, was fine before..............:oops:

ooh - a newer one 80 quid

WGSoft UniCarScan UCSI-3000 ENET WLAN LAN Diagnostic Adapter for BMW"
UniCarScan UCSI-3000

Also compatible with original BMW Software ESYS, ISTA+, INPA

All BMW motorcycles with TFT display.
Support for the adapter in the MotoScan app is currently not available.
FYI ISTA / ICOM Next firmware end LY went to unique firmware for the bikes - so one tool no longer does cars and bikes.....

this is the baby u want (a later better one where u can get remote firmware updates) pre 2016 bikes need the silly round 16 pin diagnostic adaptor too

Unicarscan UCSI-2100​

Supported protocols:
OBD-2 protocols: ISO9141-2, KWP2000 slow init, KWP2000 fast init, CAN 11bit / 250kB, CAN 11bit / 500kB, CAN 29bit / 250kB, CAN 29bit / 500kB
BMW protocols: KWP2000, KWP2000 *, D-CAN and UDS.

Cheers Bro,thats the one ive bought,£10 for the cable,,£35 for the app,,,,£58;99 for the plug,
now its all the gear no idea lol

if you hunt about on the playstore - there's a beta way to run a later version of motoscan.. 1.89 on mine

if you hunt about on the playstore - there's a beta way to run a later version of motoscan.. 1.89 on mine
I'll have a nosey later mate,and yes i have TPMS but its does'nt work,i think the batterys dead,
i had a go at fitting a new battery but uck all happened,so i might invest in a couple of
Ali Express Specials,Thanks for your reply mate ;)(y)

Hi mate can’t find 1.89 on GP, mines 1.83 any chance of pointing me in the right direction 🙄😉
Cheers Baza 👍

if u are using android... and I guess on the highest Ultimate license - on the PHONE you have the app licensed to - go to playstore search for the motoscan app...and follow the words, should end up at a bit agree to be beta tester, tick a box and somehow it will offer the update - not sure if turns up straightaway

v1.89 (06/19/2023)

beta version. In order to be able to use these, you need to join the beta test in Google Play.

touched up

When calibrating ESA/SAF, the views are adapted to smaller screens so that all elements are visible.
Added target values to FTE ABS bleed test to see how far the values deviate from the target value

v1.88 (06/01/2023)

beta version. In order to be able to use these, you need to join the beta test in Google Play.

Added

ESA/SAF: ESA calibration for LC models
ESA/SAF: ESA level sensor calibration for LC models
RTD ABS: Bleed Test
RDC/SLZ: RDC sensor training for new models from MY2023
UI: Added the battery voltage indicator to the bottom status bar
BMS-MP: Real-time data integrated in KWP models
RDC: Real-time data on K001 models
Added R nineT Service Reset

touched up

Encode: Removed permission check

Fixed