DrAlf’s ‘Spirited’ Road Ride.

Funny how those that do not attend, rate the ride as dangerous...quite a feat of observation that even dynamo would be proud of. Ps, going ...0 in a 60 zone was f ng brilliant. Cheers ALF. those staying at the campsite, shoulddo just that or maybe SAGA is the club for you. Charlie and Ewen have noughtto fear...

Seriously though, riding tail end you'll have been having to make much quicker progress than those at the front so just goes.....

Andres

That's only true if the bod at the back makes an extra effort to close up the gaps.

If they simply ride 'normally' (whatever that means) safe in the knowledge that they will (as the last bod) arrive at the end destination at some point, they can (if they so choose) ride much slower than the leader, or indeed anyone inside the proceeding pack.

The bod at the front could do say, sixty. The fellows in the middle hit eighty, simply to catch up.... Whilst the fellow at the back could do the same sixty as the leader or less. The gap between front and back would simply get bigger, to some degree or another.

Of course if the bod at the back is hellbent on staying in touch (possibly because he has no idea where they are going) then they could well hit over the ton in their efforts.

Been waiting for one of the gs clan that failed to get into the spirit of a motorbike rally, to mouth off about a ride they did not go on....Why go to a bikers weekend, to go to bed at 9pm, not ride out at all and then leave at 8am the next day? Too old, too slow, too nervous? I realise this may be a minor rant but ffs, surely this is the point of a biking weekend? It wasnnt a caravan club meeting. Just for a laugh I mentioned to the school kids yesterday that I rode a motorbike, they immediately asked me if I ride in full black leathers ooh sir, you devil!...and where are my tattoos....Afraid, i had to break the myth! Hey, staying up and drinking till 1am I felt like a real hell raiser! I darent mention the caravans on site! Yes we rode fast, yes it was dangerous at times,if things had gone wrong but risk is what it is all about. Hell if I wanted safety, I d probably ride a honda! No it was not wreckless and no-one made anyone ride in any fashion other than they felt comfortable with. Anyone for a junior gser weekend? U turn tony and mick have it spot on!

Funny how those that do not attend, rate the ride as dangerous...quite a feat of observation that even dynamo would be proud of. Ps, going ...0 in a 60 zone was f ng brilliant. Cheers ALF. those staying at the campsite, shoulddo just that or maybe SAGA is the club for you. Charlie and Ewen have noughtto fear...

A real live hell raiser at a GS event :bow :bow :bow I don't know what you teach when you are not hell raising but I would hazard a guess it's not writing :D

Of course if the bod at the back is hellbent on staying in touch (possibly because he has no idea where they are going) then they could well hit over the ton in their efforts.

That'll usually be me then :D

Andres

PS :popcorn:popcorn:popcorn:popcorn:popcorn

Andres

A real live hell raiser at a GS event :bow :bow :bow I don't know what you teach when you are not hell raising but I would hazard a guess it's not writing :D

You ever tried typing on a tablet after 6 pints... actually, surprised you are still awake at this time

But he didnt have to shit in a sock!

Is that what hell raisers do :eek: I thought I knew how to live until I stumbled upon this thread, what with hell raisers drinking 6 pints or shitting in socks.
Right, past me bed time. Night, night.

SAGA MMMh play on words for A GSA :D (got a twin cam Misen :augie)

From another thread:

Plus 1 on GSaddicts quote above, mine hosts were possibly unprepared for the rabble that descended on them and just having the loo open at an earlier hour would have eased the congestion there. However, I did learn an awful lot about what to do if taken short and the use of socks in these situations!!!
Would I do it all again? Just can't wait for next year.:beer::beer::beer:

Been waiting for one of the gs clan that failed to get into the spirit of a motorbike rally, to mouth off about a ride they did not go on....Why go to a bikers weekend, to go to bed at 9pm, not ride out at all and then leave at 8am the next day? Too old, too slow, too nervous? I realise this may be a minor rant but ffs, surely this is the point of a biking weekend? It wasnnt a caravan club meeting. Just for a laugh I mentioned to the school kids yesterday that I rode a motorbike, they immediately asked me if I ride in full black leathers ooh sir, you devil!...and where are my tattoos....Afraid, i had to break the myth! Hey, staying up and drinking till 1am I felt like a real hell raiser! I darent mention the caravans on site! Yes we rode fast, yes it was dangerous at times,if things had gone wrong but risk is what it is all about. Hell if I wanted safety, I d probably ride a honda! No it was not wreckless and no-one made anyone ride in any fashion other than they felt comfortable with. Anyone for a junior gser weekend? U turn tony and mick have it spot on!

i like it, i really like it, you the man :D:D:D

i look forward to having a drink with you again Mr. adventuredon :thumby::D

Is that what hell raisers do :eek: I thought I knew how to live until I stumbled upon this thread, what with hell raisers drinking 6 pints or shitting in socks.
Right, past me bed time. Night, night.

Actually, the shitting in socks was not me...twas another ellraiser I think

i like it, i really like it, you the man :D:D:D

i look forward to having a drink with you again Mr. adventuredon :thumby::D

Make the most of it. When he gets to my age he'll be long gone from riding a motorbike :D

Given that some riders apparently were making overtakes on solid white lines, over blind crests, past vehicles signalling to turn right and cutting up other riders' on the run, i'm not surprised they dropped out. And yes, i wasn't on the ride, but i heard all about it from a few of those that did. For those of you that choose to ride in a risk taking manner, and you know who you are, let's be a tad more careful out there as a death on a ukgser meeting is the last thing anyone wants to read on the post ride report. :thumb2

So if you weren't on the road ride you must have been with us on the off road ride....right? I heard the off road boys did 100ft jumps and crossed oceanic fords! Let's not let comments spoil a great weekend. Anyone who joined in had a great time - I'm sure.

If your opinion was based on actual facts I may listen but seeing as you didn’t even attend the ride out I don’t see how you are qualified to have any opinion. From my perspective the riding was safe and fast but not dangerous. Large groups are always difficult initially especially if riders don’t know/respect each other so it stands to reason that some mistakes will be made. Some riders dropped off, that’s fine. Each to their own but the final group was a cracker – some very talented riders whom I’d happily ride with again. Next time maybe come along and judge for yourself before you state your opinion on a public forum.

Well, I generally make a point of not commenting how other people ride but in this case, and in defence of MM, I would have to say I was happy to leave the 'spirited' ride out after the first 45 minutes having witnessed some really crap riding including stupid cutting in, stupid overtakes and one riding god doing 60mph in a 30mph village limit having crossed a solid double white to pass half a dozen slowing cars before doing an emergency style stop because the lead car was turning right :blast

Ride how you like (in the first 45 min of the ride out I seen a couple of the group riding like lightening) I was happy to go off with my mate and leave the 'riding' gods to it, as were many others who started out it seems.

I still can't believe how many dropped out as the day went on.:comfort:D

I will add, and this sums up the general mentality of some of the riders: it would be worth creating a new section titled 'Pseuds Corner' and sticky-ing these two quotes. They are priceless :rolleyes:

Some riders dropped off, that’s fine. Each to their own but the final group was a cracker – some very talented riders whom I’d happily ride with again.

I was happy to leave the 'spirited' ride out after the first 45 minutes having witnessed some really crap riding including one riding god doing 60mph in a 30mph village limit having crossed a solid double white to pass half a dozen slowing cars before doing an emergency style stop because the lead car was turning right :blast

I didn't see that, but there's no excuse for riding like that.:rob Its a shame you felt you had to leave after 45 minutes, as the riding settled down after the first couple of breaks (still spirited, mind:rob:D), and everyone on the ride had a cracking day of riding.

So if you weren't on the road ride you must have been with us on the off road ride....right? I heard the off road boys did 100ft jumps and crossed oceanic fords! Let's not let comments spoil a great weekend. Anyone who joined in had a great time - I'm sure.

Now that has made me laaaarrrf :clap:clap:clap

Graeme ;)

Back
Top Bottom