Egg beater transmission noise

badge669

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just moved from a R1250GS to a 2020 K1600GT. Brilliant bike apart from the knocking (egg beater noise) when in 3rd/4th at 2k RPM and under no load, most noticeable when engine up to temperature at 30MPH.
Loads of stuff on the US forum of earlier bikes with this. Thought this should have been sorted by 2020. Is the dealer likely to be able to solve it?
I love the bike but at the moment my ears appear to be tuned in to this knocking.

Any feedback on these bikes of similar year would be helpful…

My new (2022) bike has the egg beater noise. I have had 1600’s since the bike were first launched In 2011. The first had the noise, the next two less so, the fourth, it‘s back. My latest one also has a pull to the left, all be it much less than that of the 2011 bike. I can’t take my hands off the bars and just ride along as easily as I could with the middle two bikes.

None of it is life threatening.

My new (2022) bike has the egg beater noise. I have had 1600’s since the bike were first launched In 2011. The first had the noise, the next two less so, the fourth, it‘s back. My latest one also has a pull to the left, all be it much less than that of the 2011 bike. I can’t take my hands off the bars and just ride along as easily as I could with the middle two bikes.

None of it is life threatening.
Thanks, I guess I’ll learn to live with it….

Back
Top Bottom