Frozen Zumo

Hookster

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
HD8 . In t'Western Riding of Yorkestersershire
Hi, I have a 550 (sold as a 500 but the unit says otherwise) that worked fine for a few trips but yesterday it locked up or froze. Not having a allen key with me I couldn't take the battery out and no amount of prodding buttons would reset or even turn it off! Any tips or similar experiences? I've done a search and have as a result updated to 4.60 software.

Hi
i had the same experience but mine would not turn on. Tried every button to no avail. I resorted to taking the battery off then it reset itself. That was the second time it`s ever locked and i have had it since christmas. I have a tom tom in the car and that has a reset button which i have used twice in 4 years. Is it a common thing with zumo`s to lock:confused:?

Hi
i had the same experience but mine would not turn on. Tried every button to no avail. I resorted to taking the battery off then it reset itself. That was the second time it`s ever locked and i have had it since christmas. I have a tom tom in the car and that has a reset button which i have used twice in 4 years. Is it a common thing with zumo`s to lock:confused:?

it happens now and then :comfort

from the Zumo forum http://www.zumoforums.com/index.php?action=forum

pressing the On button and the "+" button repeatedly at the same time will normaly re set the Zumo or by simply taking the battery out for a couple of minutes, and then re-insert the battery. For precaution always take a fitting small 3/64 allen wrench with you on trips

don't think is hugely common....mine never has but there are a number of threads about the problem on the zumo site.....common practice is to remove the battery....

i shall put an allen key in my tool kit, I hope the new bikes more reliable.

Martin

I had this recently with my 550 (not powering up) and it kept happening until I noticed the battery contacts (in the unit itself) where wet. Cleaned it all out, made sure the battery was fully fitted and heyho no more problems. Will take it off the bike the next time the presure washer is used.:augie

Back
Top Bottom