google MYMAPs - distance in miles not km

Beebarron

Reaction score
Hi guys

I tend to use google MYmaps - to do a rough draft of my European bike trip routes, before I use Basecamp or Kurviger to polish it of.

But I cant figure out how to get MYMAPS - to display distances in miles not KM? ( I can do this in google maps - but not MYmaps)

Any one got any ideas how to do it?

Thanks in advance

Hi guys

I tend to use google MYmaps - to do a rough draft of my European bike trip routes, before I use Basecamp or Kurviger to polish it of.

But I cant figure out how to get MYMAPS - to display distances in miles not KM? ( I can do this in google maps - but not MYmaps)

Any one got any ideas how to do it?

Thanks in advance
Its not possible in mymaps

Only once its brought into google maps can you change it

Its not possible in mymaps

Only once its brought into google maps can you change it
Hi Bigcats

Thanks for the prompt reply. Its odd - cos when you watch Utube tutorials(American) their distances are always in miles - so maybe its linked to your location?

Hi Bigcats

Thanks for the prompt reply. Its odd - cos when you watch Utube tutorials(American) their distances are always in miles - so maybe its linked to your location?
Well the UK is miles but then again Americans aren't smart enough to realise that we're different to the rest of Europe so maybe you are right.
do you have a link to one of the videos??

So even when I tried planning a route in the US it shows as km

Watching some yanks on youtube its in miles and then watching some European youtube vids it is in km

I might try and vpn via the US and see what that does

When you are in a map you can open it in google earth. In google earth you can change the units, but if you have a VPN happy days. I think that Google haven't found a way of making money from My Maps as they've not updated it for years. I wish they would make My Maps routeable in google maps then it would be truly useful.

I like Kilometers, as 500 of them in a day make you look well hard :D. But only mild hard if converted to miles.

Converting 500km into miles is advanced mathematics for some on this forum, trust me.
Why convert?
Just work in km. It's much easier.
On learns in industry never to convert. Just use non bastard measurements and get used to them.

Why convert?
Just work in km. It's much easier.
On learns in industry never to convert. Just use non bastard measurements and get used to them.

It was a joke.

Though bods do worry about these things. Converting their speedometers so they know how fast they are going on the Continent, with all its funny foreign numbers.

:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom