GPX - Drôme / Die, Nyons, Séderon

Wapping

Reaction score
Last edited:
I have ridden and driven through or around the Drôme a few times. I’ll try to dig out some pictures later. The oddest thing was quite a large sailing yacht, right in the middle, miles from the sea. What it was doing there, I have no idea.IMG_3635.jpegIMG_3633.jpegIMG_5144.jpegIMG_5145.jpeg

Last edited:
Quite a nice 1,000 km route in and through this pretty much wild bit of France, courtesy of Motorrad magazine 07 March 2024

View attachment 310940
View attachment 310941View attachment 310942View attachment 310943

If bods are wondering why the route extends north of Die, to the oddly named ‘Ideal palace of Cheval the postman’ here’s the answer. It is an all but incredible story. Worth a detour, as Michelin says.

Great photography, and fabulous part of France to ride in. Now Richard, can you pin point that apricot tree on Google maps please 😂, a .gpx route file from Calais would be great too. Me and my five mates….

Last edited:
If you are riding around the small cols, take a bit of care. The roads are sometimes not much over a car and a half wide. There are not a lot of villages and towns, so very little traffic. Some of the few cars and vans that you do meet, might well be driven by a local who thinks: “There is never anything on this road”, until that is they discover you coming the other way.

The lack of towns and villages, means that there are very few petrol stations or places for lunch. Fill up before you set off, take some water and maybe a sandwich.

Last edited:
By far my favourite bit of France. Blissfully free of hoards of tourists ..... until now.

Adding value for planning

Attachments

• E-of-Montelimar.gpx
    502 KB · Views: 4
  • E-of-Montelimar.zip
    170 KB · Views: 0
I'm sure we have done Le Palais idéal before because I had a déjà vu moment while writing this.
I deffo remember posting the lass with the big tits

palace.jpg

IMG_3692.jpegIMG_3694.jpegIMG_3695.jpegIMG_3698.jpegIMG_3700.jpeg

I didn’t stop in Rencurel. Instead I carried on up to Chambery. The big 1600 is perfect for long days out and roads like these.

Because the Drôme is a series of hills / mini-mountains, you spend a lot of the time going forward by zigzagging from one side of a valley to another, which (sort of) doubles the distance.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom