GSA WHEELS

Handbylt

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello, does anyone have advice how to clean the 1250 gsa spoked wheel rims and keep em looking clean... Help

Personally I have no idea, but it might help if you posted some photos of them so those that do can understand what your wheels are like at the moment as I suspect what is poosible will depend on their current condition.

It's a time-consuming job!
I wash mine every so often with the usual bucket and sponge with car wax/shampoo. Often a wee wipe after with a rag soaked in ACF365
Whenever I have the wheels out (like new tyre time) I get a toothbrush and XCP (or ACF50), and give them a thorough going-over to make sure I have them well protected.
Still looking good after 5 years :okay

It's a real proxy job. I use truck wash and jet off the muck then an alloy wheel brush with wash and wax. Finished off with XCP rust blocker to protect them.

ere yer go....

S-DOC 100... not cheap but I (and a lot of other reviewers) think its one of the best motorcycle cleaning products on the market.
Use sparingly... spray on and utilize any excess by using sponge/paintbrush. Then leave for 20-30 minutes. Wash off with hose.
S-DOC 100 not only cleans, but leaves a corrosive inhibitor (slightly oily) residue on your pride and joy.

I use S-DOC 100 but find it needs agitating with a brush to get the best out of it. I'll usually follow that up with a light wipe over with a microfibre cloth sprayed with WD40 just to give the black wheels a dark sheen and take away any water marks, ACF50 does a similar job and i'll use that if there's salt about.

Get the wheels wet & Muc Off with a dishwasher size sponge plus soft bristle Muc Off brush.

Don't let the Muc Off dry on the rims.... There is also a BMW approved cleaning fluid too that I understand works well.

Back
Top Bottom