How would a Le Mans fare on a track day?

That sound 😍

Riding an old Guzzi provides a theatre of an experience, something that modern bikes just don't seem to possess.

Thanks for posting Paul , I enjoyed that

Nice video. Short and to the point without useless theatrics too many put in videos.

Kudos to the suspension.
Getting "into" other bikes approaching/during cornering just to be left in the back as soon as they open the throttle is something I've experienced a lot on slower/old-ish bikes on track :)
But from the video it seems the bike was coping fairly well dynamically, all considered.

Getting "into" other bikes approaching/during cornering just to be left in the back as soon as they open the throttle is something I've experienced a lot on slower/old-ish bikes on track :)
Yes, it was never going to compete down the straights, but I was surprised how well a 44 year old bike could hold its own in the bends. They are two decent riders, too.

I was surprised how well a 44 year old bike could hold its own in the bends

Yep, likewise.
I used to take my R1150R to the track quite a bit... it was good fun and did well, but – despite a set of Ohlins shocks – wasn't very, let's say "rigorous". Most of it was probably a less experienced er-minio on the saddle, but I remember the 1100S that followed being a completely different story.

Another couple of things that he mentioned in the video resonated with me: rear wheel lock (shaft) that was quite common on the R back then (again: me) and consuming pegs or anything else sticking out :D

I've seen quite a few odd rides at trackdays (quite a few airheads too over the years) but never a Guzzi now that I think of it.

it surprises a few people...

Yep. i even left the panniers on for one session - just to make it harder to overtake. :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• LardyAssedBlast.JPG
    LardyAssedBlast.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 12
Taking my Le Mans to the Picos next summer - mates all on modern very capable huge things (a 1250 GS, Suzuki GSX-S1000GT).... I'm really looking forwards to the twisties on a lighter fun Guzzi, those Toni frames are so good in the corners. I used to hoon around on my T3 Cali years ago and surprise the be-jeezuz out of people. :)

Le Mans new seat.jpg

Taking my Le Mans to the Picos next summer - mates all on modern very capable huge things (a 1250 GS, Suzuki GSX-S1000GT).... I'm really looking forwards to the twisties on a lighter fun Guzzi, those Toni frames are so good in the corners. I used to hoon around on my T3 Cali years ago and surprise the be-jeezuz out of people. :)

View attachment 295328
Nice bike!! Are those bars higher than normal?

Back
Top Bottom