Newbie from the far east...

Billy Law

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
....... well Lowestoft, but that's as far east as you'll get in this country unless you want to get awfully wet!

Morning all.

Due to get my new to me GSA delivered this week from Bahnstormer. First time I've had one but really looking forward to it. It'll only be my second BMW, the first being an R1200R which I had over ten years ago. Sold it due to the lack of fairing, but that's the reason I chose the Adventure over the GS. In my mind the bigger tank acts like a bit of a fairing, rightly or wrongly. However, I've been riding BMW RTs at work for about 15 years, which is coming to an end due to retirement.

Just want to say a quick thank you to all the posters on this forum, I've already got some useful advice about various bits to do with the bike and look forward to the wisdom and guidance of the members.

Welcome Billy, plenty of retired ex plod on here (apols if I'm mistaken and you're a paramedic, fire bike or whatever)

Welcome Billy, plenty of retired ex plod on here (apols if I'm mistaken and you're a paramedic, fire bike or whatever)
Davey, you hit the nail on the head, as it happens. 15 years on the motorbike team with Norfolk.

Welcome, hope your retirement riding is fun and you use your GSA to its fullest potential. Would be good to hear your feedback once you have ridden, I have been toying with changing my GS for a RT.

Welcome, hope your retirement riding is fun and you use your GSA to its fullest potential. Would be good to hear your feedback once you have ridden, I have been toying with changing my GS for a RT.
Cheers. I'll be interested myself in the difference to be honest. Keep you posted. (y)

Welcome Billy

You are correct about the GSA and its wind protection

IMO nothing beats the RT in this department but the GSA runs it pretty close :thumby:

....... well Lowestoft, but that's as far east as you'll get in this country unless you want to get awfully wet!

Hello Billy,

Ex-Lowie native, moved North of the border and now in Yarco. Fellow GSA rider too. Kettle can be on if you're passing.

If you need a second-hand top box, I know where theres one for sale :DD

Welcome Billy

You are correct about the GSA and its wind protection

IMO nothing beats the RT in this department but the GSA runs it pretty close :thumby:
Evening buddy. I considered the RT, knowing that I can ride one all day and make good progress on one too. TBH it came down to the fact that I wouldn't always want the panniers on and I feel that the RT doesn't look right without panniers on. Both bikes are equally good in slightly different ways.

Hello Billy,

Ex-Lowie native, moved North of the border and now in Yarco. Fellow GSA rider too. Kettle can be on if you're passing.

If you need a second-hand top box, I know where theres one for sale :DD
Hi there Gavla, I assume you got a Visa for that move then? ;):ROFLMAO:

A second-hand top box, you say? I might be interested. I'll PM you, if I can work out how to do it.

Hi there Gavla, I assume you got a Visa for that move then? ;):ROFLMAO:

A second-hand top box, you say? I might be interested. I'll PM you, if I can work out how to do it.
Nope. Can't work out how to PM. Bit of a luddite, I'm afraid.

Hurrah! Bahnstormer delivered my bike this afternoon. Very efficient and business-like. I Must say the Kalamata looks even better in the flesh, so to speak. Very pleased with my choice. :love:

Back
Top Bottom