North Wales trail ride (Pogo only), starting near Chirk 0900hrs Wednesday 16th June.

Hi timpo,

Look forward to seeing some photos of the step being conquered by the intrepid Knobby et al.

Pity me knee has a gash in in it from the weekend :blast otherwlse I would have been up to see you.

Have a good day, basd888ds:thumb2

regards

clive

Heartbreak hill

Ouch would love to come but off on a do anyway will be there Sunday with the trf :eek:

Wish I could have made this one chaps......won't be such a pussy next time..:D

The berg is staying in the stable by the way :thumb:D:JB

Eleven hour trail ride and I'm knackered:thumb
Perfect blue skies, perfect trails:thumb
903654739_cvDmb-XL.jpg

Knobby losing point with a dab:augie
903657144_r5sCB-XL.jpg

:augie
903659028_a7yra-XL.jpg

There's a video clip of Beerhunter showing how not to cross a river:comfort:D..if I can get it to upload:blast
903649264_ji8Sg-XL.jpg

Hmmm a broken Suzuki DRZ400:comfort
904287969_Qq9mp-XL.jpg

Knobby, after quickly picking up before the camera was ready:D:thumb
904282113_LKiXf-XL.jpg

"Take the left rut" say Knobby to Timpo:D
903664756_hnSe3-XL.jpg

:comfort
903662838_NJ5LB-XL.jpg

903660997_tG9ju-XL.jpg

After 11 hours of hard riding, Hearbreak Hill is the sting the tail.
We're all knackered and only make it half way up:blast

My 'new' 550 Husaberg was fantastic:kissy2
904281781_NVA5P-XL.jpg

Some cracking pictures there Tim, there could have been one or two more classic's if Tim was quickier with the camera :augie

But other than the 3 hour break for the DRZ, it was a great day which was blessed with some cracking weather. The only draw back with the nice weather the sweat was flowing pushing the DRZ and trying to get up HeartBreak Hill, and those damn Flies get everywhere

So the end of the road for us, just too exhausted to get the bikes up all the way on Heartbreak Hill.
We started as five, only three finished:D

Us 3 cleared the initial part of the climb with no problem but then energy had gone so it was home time.
Great ride, thanks:thumb
<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OsAAe-62x0w"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OsAAe-62x0w" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

I was one of the 5 that did not make the end!

Thanks to all who where there for a good half day! that two hour ride home was fun!!! not!
Thanks to Timpo for the leading!
nice to see The Beer Hunter and Tim again and to meet Knobby!

Sorry about The Beer HunterS bike! but I could see that or proberly much worse would have got me! if I had carried on!!

The other riders were way beyond my ability
And fitness levels and I was holding everyone up and decided discretion was the better part of valour before I got myself into too much trouble!
But thanks people for the effort!! much appreciated and I enjoyed the lanes I managed to complete!!

Jack (Mark)

Thanks for the photos & vids Tim. :thumb2
Can I just state for the record - Timolgra did the crossing on the pegs with no dabs. :clap

Timpo, top man :bow sorry I took so much time out of your day - thanks a million.

Top day lads, really enjoyed it - up to a point. :D
Saw my limitations quite early though, still - onwards & upwards.
Bike's fine now & ready to go again. I think the water just pushed the battery over the edge. New battery this morning & I've replaced the air filter/clip/cage which I left behind at the crossing.

Due to the pace of the first 4 hours I didn't get to fire off many photos.

Trailin.jpg

MarkPostPick-Up.jpg

Thank you for doing this! :thumb2
I love to see the pictures! :clap

But I wonder:
-Could it be possible for a person like me (who does not want to ride like that, only on bad roads) to follow you (a group like this) as long as there is a road, and then walk to the mud and see how you play in mud and water?
:nenau
I could be your mud-photographer! :bounce1
After some mud and water you continiue on your route, and I walk back to my bike, and ride to a place where I can find you later the same day?
-Can it be done, if I go to Wales or the south part of England next summer, riding my sidecar?
I hope so.
-It would be great fun for me! :bounce1:roll:clap

:angel Liv.

Poor Phil:comfort.....Nice to see the teamwork of mates helping him get his bike out...:augie

Poor Phil:comfort.....Nice to see the teamwork of mates helping him get his bike out...:augie

No, fair doos, Knobby waded in & helped me push it to the bank.
I s'pose once your feet are wet it doesn't really matter eh? :augie
Timpo showed his true colours. :clap
Timolgra was team ornithologist & timekeeper (until he took his jacket off) & kept spirits up. :thumb2

Wish I`d seen this I would have pissed it on the HP :augie

Back
Top Bottom