Quick throttle

NigelM

Reaction score
Just put one of these on the GSA....

http://www.schwabenmax.de/index.php?cat=KAT34&lang=ENG&product=KHG-B3-0

About £50 delivered. If you look at it from a value for money perspective in relation to what it costs to make it is obscene, landed Europe can't be more than £2.00 once moulds have been written off, but look at it from a performance improvement perspective and it's the best £50 I have spent on the bike.

No more double handfuls to open it right up, just a single smooth twist.

No instructions came with it, but you can download from their website in German and Google Translate to English. Simple to follow with pictures, although they were wrong on two counts.

1. You need to cut off a little plastic nipple on the cable run in order to fit the new spacer which they fail to mention.
2. They tell you to take the throttle cable all the way out, fit the spacer and then insert, but there isn't enough space to get it in, so leave the cable loose in it's housing and fit the spacer underneath it, then easy to reattach.

They say it's a 10 minute job. Took me 15 minutes by the time I had fiddled about.

All in all a good addition.

I copied that and made one out of a bit of plastic a few years ago,worked well, but after a while I noticed it made the throttle a little bit heavier which I couldnt live with, and tbh I dont really need to go up there that much ( <5k)

I concur on the thread re price v what it actually consists of (although bought mine second hand so wasn't so bad) but it has made my 05 GS much more pleasant to ride - haven't noticed a heavier throttle to be honest just quicker throttle response for less effort. Recommended to one and all.

I've had similar on my TL1000 for about 10 years now, love it, but mine cost about 15 quid,

Never heard of em, but they look like one of those products you don't think you need, but when you've got one you love it.

I've been looking at a similar 1/4 turn ring for my Victory; priced in the Good Old US of A at $19.95 but the dealer then wants $95 to ship to the UK :blast

Back
Top Bottom