Recommend me Aux Lights

jaca2865

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all

Thinking of fitting aux lights up the 890 advent.

Any recommendations out there for nonOE kit and are there any extras needed to do so ie hex ezcan type kit??

Jim

Denali D3s and Hex ezCAN. You can of course just wire the lights direct with an external switch and relay, but the ezCAN makes everything much easier and gives way more functionality.

Thank you. I have that arrangement on my S1000XR and you’re spot on. Great flexibility.

Wasn’t sure if hex is needed or available for KTM advents tho.

Jim

I use these

£11.46 20% Off | Motorcycle LED Headlight Auxiliary Spotlight Yellow White Dual Color Fog Light 10V-28V 30W Mini projector Lens
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMgblE6

Cheers Nin

Do they need passing through a hex or do you have them direct off the battery?

Do they come with handlebar switch??

Thanks for writing

Jim

Hi Jim - I run them off the fused 12v aux power supply switched from a relay driven by my full beam, so they go off on dip, on for full.

I always found the hexcan stuff far too complicated for my simple brain. I think on one bike I had to press indicator cancel x4 to switch on the spotlights … a recipe for disaster!

Hi Jim - I run them off the fused 12v aux power supply switched from a relay driven by my full beam, so they go off on dip, on for full.

I always found the hexcan stuff far too complicated for my simple brain. I think on one bike I had to press indicator cancel x4 to switch on the spotlights … a recipe for disaster!

Thanks Nin. I agree. The hex is good and I’m happy with it on the S1000 but I was hoping for something simpler and less expensive like you’ve done.

Are the lights good with long range??

Thanks Nin. I agree. The hex is good and I’m happy with it on the S1000 but I was hoping for something simpler and less expensive like you’ve done.

Are the lights good with long range??

Perfectly good enough for my needs, but not the best beam pattern I must admit.

Very interesting thread...I've been looking at options for my 690...may give these lights from Ali Express a go...
What I have found if you Google Zen Overland Aux light brackets...these look pretty smart...they will fit my 690 and may fit your 890 triple clamps....
I can't post a link as it takes you to my ebay page:blast

Very interesting thread...I've been looking at options for my 690...may give these lights from Ali Express a go...
What I have found if you Google Zen Overland Aux light brackets...these look pretty smart...they will fit my 690 and may fit your 890 triple clamps....
I can't post a link as it takes you to my ebay page:blast

Cheers Allan. I’ll take a look.

Jim

Jim...
Post up your results and what relay etc you used...I don't want anything complicated or fussy either, just wire em up and go...
Cheers :okay

I used AliExpress ones on my Guzzi. Mistake. One long wet ride, one filled with moisture then packed in altogether. Then bought Denali S4, still going strong. Buy cheap buy twice in my case. I used a IQ 275 instead of a ezcan tho... That's still going strong

These are decent quality lights without the Denali price tag.
I’ve had a pair of these ( the same pair) on three of my bikes without issue , for ten years . Just keep swapping them from bike to bike..
LED so very low power drain.
Mine had fog light type lenses and were mainly intended as a DRL. They can be bought with spotlight type lenses.

Linky:- https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/11181749...uid=DDRfexNfRvC&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Jim...
Post up your results and what relay etc you used...I don't want anything complicated or fussy either, just wire em up and go...
Cheers :okay

Good shout Allan. Willdo and I see you’re a man after my own heart although I have to say relay switching is not in my comfort zone. Happy to be guided. Yes I am that thick.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom