Sark

gspod

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I realise that the Channel Islands are not part of the UK but can’t see an appropriate heading so here goes.

As part of our holiday next year, my wife and I would like to spend a few days on Sark. Does anyone know somewhere we could park up our 2 bikes in Guernsey and store a little bit of luggage.
Many thanks 🙏

I realise that the Channel Islands are not part of the UK but can’t see an appropriate heading so here goes.

As part of our holiday next year, my wife and I would like to spend a few days on Sark. Does anyone know somewhere we could park up our 2 bikes in Guernsey and store a little bit of luggage.
Many thanks 🙏
Sorry, I missed this last week.
Your bike will be quite safe in a public m\c space. Are you staying for a night before/after Sark? And how much is "a little piece of luggage"?
Regards.

Many thanks

PM Arsey
He lives in Guernsey

Take your bikes to Sark,

Tractor
Horse
Bike
Walk

Car (only the Monsignor)

Are the only ways to get around on Sark

My Sister lives on Sark, do say hello :)

Take your bikes to Sark,

Tractor
Horse
Bike
Walk

Car (only the Monsignor)

Are the only ways to get around on Sark

My Sister lives on Sark, do say hello :)
When I say bikes I mean motorbikes 👍

Sorry, I missed this last week.
Your bike will be quite safe in a public m\c space. Are you staying for a night before/after Sark? And how much is "a little piece of luggage"?
Regards.
It depends on the ferries but we’re hoping to arrive on Guernsey in time to catch another ferry to Sark on the same day and the same going forward to France.
I suspected that the bikes would be safe really just wondering if there is a left luggage place for people who go over to Sark.
we will be taking our camping gear with us and may well just have the locked panniers on the bikes but we’re only going over for 3/4 nights so will want to travel light and may have a bag left over - hope that makes sense.
Thanks

It depends on the ferries but we’re hoping to arrive on Guernsey in time to catch another ferry to Sark on the same day and the same going forward to France.
I suspected that the bikes would be safe really just wondering if there is a left luggage place for people who go over to Sark.
we will be taking our camping gear with us and may well just have the locked panniers on the bikes but we’re only going over for 3/4 nights so will want to travel light and may have a bag left over - hope that makes sense.
Thanks
That sort of makes sense - depending on the time of your inbound ferry then yes there should be a "late" sark boat. Note that Condor seem to have a regular UK fast sailing, but the timing changes almost every day! the slow boat from Portsmouth arrives at 16:30.
Departures to french France are typically three times a week, and depending on your travel times, might be Cherbourg or St Malo.
There is a m\c park opposite the Sark ferry office.
Suggest you phone and speak to Sark Shipping (01481 724059) about left luggage as I am pretty sure you are not the first to ask them, but speaking generally gets the right result .
And as the website says, you need to book to make sure of a seat!

Feel free to ask any other Q`s on here as it might be of interest generally, or PM as you see fit.

Be aware that any sailin to sark is on a weather dependent basis, not unusual for boats to stay in dock if the weather is crapola

That sort of makes sense - depending on the time of your inbound ferry then yes there should be a "late" sark boat. Note that Condor seem to have a regular UK fast sailing, but the timing changes almost every day! the slow boat from Portsmouth arrives at 16:30.
Departures to french France are typically three times a week, and depending on your travel times, might be Cherbourg or St Malo.
There is a m\c park opposite the Sark ferry office.
Suggest you phone and speak to Sark Shipping (01481 724059) about left luggage as I am pretty sure you are not the first to ask them, but speaking generally gets the right result .
And as the website says, you need to book to make sure of a seat!

Feel free to ask any other Q`s on here as it might be of interest generally, or PM as you see fit.
Thanks Bem, that’s great info.
I think we will have a night in Guernsey, my grandfather was forced to work, digging the underground hospital, by the Nazis so I want to take a look around.

Thanks Bem, that’s great info.
I think we will have a night in Guernsey, my grandfather was forced to work, digging the underground hospital, by the Nazis so I want to take a look around.
Let me know when you have made your bookings and I can set aside some time, if I am here.
I know a bit about some things.

Back
Top Bottom