The Third West Cork Run....

Thanks Ritchie for great weekend, had late night with TK so a bit slow to leave allihies, brought dunner and titch up to Barley lake that cleared the cobwebs.

Thanks lads not bad I suppose considering I was hanging off the back of a bike!

Dee

Some of the scenery;
WestCorkGSRun2011002.jpg

WestCorkGSRun2011001.jpg

Some of the people;
WestCorkGSRun2011008.jpg

WestCorkGSRun2011006.jpg

WestCorkGSRun2011005.jpg

Sometimes there were roads (of a sort);
WestCorkGSRun2011004.jpg

Sometimes there weren't;
WestCorkGSRun2011018.jpg

WestCorkGSRun2011016.jpg

and our esteemed leader; :bow
WestCorkGSRun2011019.jpg

Richie thank you for taking the time and effort to arrange the weekend. Chris you did a great job also. It was brilliant and although it was your third it was our first and we look forward to the next one.

And yes there were stories and stats which I contributed to, but there were extenuating circumstances ........ a distraction you know of pedestrians and a dog ......... thought I needed to get away from them and tried to go over the ditch :blast Thanks to all who helped put me back on the road :bow

Then of course I went off route by going straight on and missing a right tight bend. Only when I saw the gravel track which went vertically downhill did I realise that maybe we weren't supposed to go that way but I was committed (speed :eek:) and so although I got stopped I had to lay it down .... needed a rest you know. Again my heroes to the rescue. They helped get the bike upright and it took 4 of us to push it up the hill. That bike is a heavy bugger :blast

Only my pride hurt but really I loved the day the boreens, tracks and roads were briliant. It's what I have the bikefor.

There was great crack and lots of new and old friends. Unfortunately the food was excellent so the diet begins again!!

Roll on next year.

Fairplay now that looks to have bin a cracker of a weekend
Hairnet great foto collection
Here but can anybody tell me... do you se yer man Jockser
has he had any work done ??? or is it all down to the cycling
and no smokes, because for the life of me he does not seem to
be getting older :eek: Is he ukgser's Benjamin Button ???

Ploughing competition

On exiting a tight LH bend at the top of a steep yump, I noticed that the surface of the Boreen was unusually attractive. Not is a sick sexual sort of way but in a geotechnical aspect.
So I had a closer look and decided to sort out the drainage problem for the locals at the side of the track while I was at it.

Thanks Tom for your recollection of my dismount, it made me feel so much better that I did it with grace :aidan

Big thank you to those that steadied the steed, while I ploughed out of the shuck.

Great to meet up with a fine bunch of people, and the Guinness, was superb in the Lighthouse. The music was equally fantastic.:beerjug:

Richie, thank you for your hospitability it was and is greatly appreciated. :clap:clap

As for the feckin rain, I reckon that Mark and I are rain Gods as the cloud followed us up North and the rain didn't break for the full time. :eek
For those of you that had a dry day, I think you owe us a pint, because we were obviously the diversion :Motomartin

To sum it up, it was a crackin weekend and I would do it all again tomorrow. Well except for the ploughing :thumb

Please let there be a next one!!

Thanks Richie for showing us some of the most enjoyable roads (and sometimes not) in west Cork and Kerry.:thumb

The one handed guitar player in the Lighthouse was pretty amazing too,so much for letting a disability stop you doing what you love and being dam good at it.:clap

My first "RICHIE WEST CORK" trip but not my last please......................:bow:bow:bow:bow

Back
Top Bottom