uk to norkapp to gibraltar

eonbkuk

Reaction score
Hi Guys and Girls

I am looking at going from the south coast of uk to norkapp then back to gib returning to uk

when is the best time to go
the route i have thought about but is variable was to go to hull then get ferry to sweden unless anyone knows a better route go up one side of norway to norkapp then down through sweden, denmark, germany, maybe switzerland or italy then france,spain then gib followed back to probably bilbao ferry to portsmiff and then home

looking at doing it in a couple of years time to finalize but would welcome any knowledge going

thanks in advance

eon

thanks adam i knew there had to be something on here but when i did a search nothing came up

Hi Eon,

Went up to Bodo in 2010 - if you are in the south of the uk then I'd suggest the Harwich to Esbjerg crossing then ride across Denmark in to Sweden and up in to Norway.

On the way down, if you hit Italy, you have gone way to far to the right !

Norway is best in late May its just before the mozzies and the plods with speed guns come out to play!!!

:blast

Hi Eon
Did similar trip in 2011. Ferry from Harwich is best but ride up to Fredrikshaven in Denmark get ferry to Oslo, save some time and cash, fuel and stopover. It’s a long way via Sweden up to Oslo (550mile) but an easy 200 to Fredrikshaven Nice overnight stop then very scenic ferry to Oslo next day. In Oslo by 6.30 in the evening B&B, and next morning off into proper roads within an hour. We came back down through Finland into Sweden and to be honest the roads were so boring halfway down we went back to Norway and got the Fast ferry from Larvic to Hirtshals in Denmark

Back
Top Bottom