Quest stuffed

Springer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I thought I had sold my quest but this morning used it for work and discovered it was losing sat cover even when out in the open long periods of aquiring messages etc but still occasionaly working.

So rang Garmin and was reassured by the nice lady on the help desk that she would send me an email telling me how to deal with this problem, got back at lunch time email told me to go to update link done that rebooted unit holding down the ok/page/power buttons and as told left unit outside to reaquire for 45 mins tried this twice got nowhere so rang garmin who said the units stuffed and there is starting price of £80 to repair which leaves me in a bit of a quandry as to what to do I thought it might be an ariel fault so went down to maplins and bought an external ariel but this has made no difference it searchs but there is no movement on the sat info page.
any advice or should I just scrap it its not two years old yet and has given great service up to now.

I've a Quest that did the same thing, I did a Master reset which fixed it for a while.
A couple of months later it happened again and since it was a little over a year
old at the time I sent it to Garmin and they sent me a new one without charge.
I'd send it off to them with a note explaining what went wrong, when they fix it, if
they charge you the 80 quid, it's still worth more than that, and maybe the won't
charge, worth a go.

Thanks Daithi I have spoken to garmin again and they have since assured me that the 80 odd quid would be a worst case scenario and in that event I will get a facory recon so I have decided to give it a go.

Back
Top Bottom