Zumo 550 bike mount

Buckingham

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Guys,

I'm part way through fitting a Zumo mounting on my bike, wiring the power lead directly to the battery.
A bit concerned about the audio leads for connecting to my Autocom. Whereas the power lead looks quite waterproof, the 2.5 & 3.5mm jacks don't look waterproof. Also, if I wire the power lead to the battery, I won't be able to easily take the mount off the bike if I'm not using it.
Or if parking up, some tea leaf will see the mount, then assume I have a nice Zumo in the top box.

any views on this please ? I'm thinking it might be better to wire the power lead to a socket so the whole mount can be removed in seconds.

John

Power Connector

Guys,

I'm part way through fitting a Zumo mounting on my bike, wiring the power lead directly to the battery.
A bit concerned about the audio leads for connecting to my Autocom. Whereas the power lead looks quite waterproof, the 2.5 & 3.5mm jacks don't look waterproof. Also, if I wire the power lead to the battery, I won't be able to easily take the mount off the bike if I'm not using it.
Or if parking up, some tea leaf will see the mount, then assume I have a nice Zumo in the top box.

any views on this please ? I'm thinking it might be better to wire the power lead to a socket so the whole mount can be removed in seconds.

John

I now have two spare plugs - fitted mine yesterday using AndyW's worksheet (but used crimps, not solder) - works great - of course, when you use this plug even if you you leave the unit on when you leave the bike, it switches itself off within a couple of minutes so no chance of draining the battery.

£12.00 each including postage within the UK (plus postage outside UK).

See: http://www.motorcycleinfo.co.uk/index.cfm?fa=contentGeneric.obxaszqugbllbuna&pageId=119031

i fitted a socket on the beak of my 1150gs, and just plug the zumo in when using and leaving just the ball when the bike is left, its also good overnight, you dont have to cover it over then, i dont leav it in my box, well i leave the mount in the box, but i put the zumo in its case and carry it with me, putting it in my helmet with my gloves over it :nenau

Wrong Bike

Sorry - should've read what bike you were talking about!

Thanks for all the info - it's going on the St1100 & now I'm going to use the power socket rather than wire it directly to the battery !

If you don't screw the power lead on to the mount, then it is easy to disconnect if from the mount and hide the cable under the paneling. Then you take off the mount and leave just the ball.

Back
Top Bottom