2004 F650

Reemer

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Intersting, have you any details of the changes, and when is it available?

Still no centre stand on the Dakar though. Rear rack looks interesting with more tying down points, wonder if a specific bag will be avialable.

Regards
Andy80F

2004 F650GS

Apart from the obvious (new screen, paintwork, etc), the big difference is the return of the twin spark head - needed to comply with new Euro emissions legislation coming into force soon. Hopefully, it will clear up some of the S&S issues that plague the US model (US emissions legislation being already stiffer than those currently in force in the EU, US GS's suffer with this more than those sold in Europe).

It's also supposed to have a better headlight, span adjustable levers, the rear rack doesn't require an adaptor plate to take a topbox, and the inclusion of a BMW power socket as standard.

I've also heard a rumour of a Super Motord version being available, but I can't vouch for the accuracy of that one.

All supposed to be available in Europe around April time. No idea of price.

Wonder if that new front mudguard profile will improve side wind 'buffeting'? and whether it'll fit on older GSs?

I was reduced to a 20mph crawl on the hard shoulder of the M62 the other week. The wind kept 'lifting' the front of my bike up and dropping it a couple of feet to one side. New underpants :rolleyes:

Still no trip meter / odo meter dual display.
And the Dakar should have an 18" rear wheel (and be 50kg lighter!)

BWM should build a desert racer replica - even taller, large tank etc.

Spout said:
Wonder if that new front mudguard profile will improve side wind 'buffeting'? and whether it'll fit on older GSs?

I was reduced to a 20mph crawl on the hard shoulder of the M62 the other week.

glad i'm not the only one that suffers with 'wind' on the 650

Spout has a lardy/muffled Staintune so 20mph is actually flat out for him!! (:)D only kidding!))

Still miffed that the 'new' 650 hasn't got the twin headlights of the 1150 or Scarver - anyone know of a conversion route for the 650GS to "twin" headlight-ness?
:green gri

Back
Top Bottom