KTM owner, and Tyres advice please.

GedJack

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi folks, i need your help.
i swapped my 1200 GS last year for the KTM and love it. :D
I am in the process of converting the wheels to a 19" 17" set up as it gives me more choice for tyres. My question is what tyres do you recommend i put on. I like spirited street riding shall we say and something i can push in the corners and is good in the wet.
When i sold my GS i had Continental Road Attacks and really liked them.
Any advice/help would be much appreciated.

Regards Gedjack:thumb

I have a KTM 950SM which comes with some nice OE 17 inch Pirrellis which are great!! Is yours an adventure only watch the handling if you change the front wheel it has a big effect and can make it handle oddly AFAIK :nenau

The wheels will enable me to have the same tyres as 1200gs riders. The KTM forum will not be able to help as the bike in standard form does not come with these size wheels on.

Yes mine is the Adv the 17" will be on the rear. I have done lots of research on this subject and it turns out it is a very popular mod which improves the handling no end, and i am told makes it ride like a Supermoto. I have heard mixed reports if you drop to 17" on both wheels.

Should make the steering heavier but quicker, not everyone likes the effects.

There's a few guys who have done the swap over on the UK KTM forum - Bridgestone 020's?

my girlfriend has a 640e which i was considering doing the same thing to, but i was worried about the handling as i have already lowered it. i know its a different bike but would be interested in knowing how you get on with yours, from a handling point of view.

I will let you know when its done. Should be sometime next week. This is a very popular successfull mod over in America. If you go on the adv rider site there is a lot of info on it.

Back
Top Bottom