Riding in new Zealand

kiwigser

Hello, I am sort of a new member, but have not posted since moving to NZ and so changed my logon. Been here 2 years, got a 1150 gs and the wife has a 650 GS. I no longer have to commute by bike into Kensington and so can be a fair weather rider. We have done a few trips round north island and are now planning this Sping / summers/ autumn trips. Have a look at my wifes wiki www.arttel.co.nz and do not miss BoobsonBikes the parade down Queen street in Auckland.
As you can imagine riding here is terrible, empty roads full of bends and spectacular scenery, with still plenty of gravel roads if yoy really want to get into the bush.
Just to rub it in, Summer is coming, though winters here are very mild, but wet this year.
Please email if any of you are coming over for a trip or migrating.

Hello, I am sort of a new member, but have not posted since moving to NZ and so changed my logon. Been here 2 years, got a 1150 gs and the wife has a 650 GS. I no longer have to commute by bike into Kensington and so can be a fair weather rider. We have done a few trips round north island and are now planning this Sping / summers/ autumn trips. Have a look at my wifes wiki www.arttel.co.nz and do not miss BoobsonBikes the parade down Queen street in Auckland.
As you can imagine riding here is terrible, empty roads full of bends and spectacular scenery, with still plenty of gravel roads if yoy really want to get into the bush.
Just to rub it in, Summer is coming, though winters here are very mild, but wet this year.

Hi and welcome back,

Interesting site you have there!

We are in NZ for 5 weeks over Christmas for our first ever visit, what do you see as the "must do" activities and attractions?

regards

David

Hello, I am sort of a new member, but have not posted since moving to NZ .. As you can imagine riding here is terrible, empty roads full of bends and spectacular scenery, with still plenty of gravel roads if yoy really want to get into the bush.
I really feel for you. It sounds terrible, but someone has to do it. :D

My mate toured New Zealand by car a couple of years ago and reckoned it would be one of the best biking countries in the world. I will make it there one day - possibly for the rugby World Cup.

Hi and welcome back,

Interesting site you have there!

We are in NZ for 5 weeks over Christmas for our first ever visit, what do you see as the "must do" activities and attractions?

regards

David
to save boring everyone else email me on art@arttel.co.nz and we could possibly meet up. I am taking a friend of a friend round for a few days after Xmas, while my wife is in the UK for her mums 80th

I really feel for you. It sounds terrible, but someone has to do it. :D

My mate toured New Zealand by car a couple of years ago and reckoned it would be one of the best biking countries in the world. I will make it there one day - possibly for the rugby World Cup.
Yes 2011, but if you are watching the rugby you will not get much chance to see NZ away from the main centres.
Remember NZ is slightly larger than the UK, but traveling is slower, very few motorways.

My daughter and two girl friends arrived in NZ on Tuesday (or was it Wednesday). She is already making me want to go there. This thread is not helping.:blast

My daughter and two girl friends arrived in NZ on Tuesday (or was it Wednesday). She is already making me want to go there. This thread is not helping.:blast
What are they doing, an OE or just a holiday?

What are they doing, an OE or just a holiday?

They are spending 9 months touring NZ Aussieland Vietnam etc.
They started on a bus tour which is going to take 20+ days. The first day is whale watching and dolphin swimming and visiting a seal colony. The second day is kayaking. etc etc It sounds really tough:augie
They reach Auckland in about 3/4 weeks or so. Leaving end of Nov or thereabouts.
I think it is a holiday.
The best thing is she paid for it all herself.:thumb2

wildbeeste;1580792]They are spending 9 months touring NZ Aussieland Vietnam etc.
They started on a bus tour which is going to take 20+ days. The first day is whale watching and dolphin swimming and visiting a seal colony. The second day is kayaking. etc etc It sounds really tough:augie
They reach Auckland in about 3/4 weeks or so. Leaving end of Nov or thereabouts.
I think it is a holiday.
The best thing is she paid for it all herself.:thumb2[/QUOTE said:
Now that is unusual

Just back from NZ.
Picked up an R1200Rt in Auckland from here:
http://www.nzbike.com/2004/default.asp

Did a 5 day tour, taking in Whitianga, Rotorua, Gisborne, Napier and Taupo.

Roads were excellent, and the accomodation, which had been organised by the tour company,was superb.
Lovely weather, and only a few minutes of drizzle one morning!

I live in Scotland.....gerrititupyeyabam.....:eek:onyack

oh and welcome.....:D

Back
Top Bottom