Someone is havin a Fcukin laugh

DrFarkoff

Grumpy Ole Git!!!
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
THis smacks of the nanny state, it gets right up my Da's nose

Quote!! "How can some arse of a scientist come up with a general rule for everyone??? Why do UK police not carry out Sobriety tests?? Someone decides that a drink is a killer but in reality a glass of wine with an evening meal or a pint of guinness "shouldn't affect you, which would be proved by a sobriety test! Someone 6 foot 2 and 18 stone (Tosser :aidan) could have a lot more alchol and remain a lot sober than a 5 foot 3 sexy red headed size 8 wench (Mandylicious) !

Below is what I feel is another Media Hype from the BBC which smacks of running a Marketing campaign against having a tipple at christmas.

I do NOT support Drunk Driving before anyone tries to get at me! But I understand where my Dad is coming from now he would have in the past had his 2 pints of Guinness over an evening but now worries about keeping his license!

A third of respondents to a Northern Ireland road safety survey think it is acceptable to drive after having one alcoholic drink.

However, 61% of people interviewed for the NI Road Safety Monitor 2008 would not travel in a car when the driver had taken a drink.

The study revealed 40% of motorists surveyed normally exceed the speed limit on motorways.

The survey sampled the behaviour, attitudes and awareness of the public.

A total of 14% of motorists interviewed said they normally exceed the speed limit on roads in a built up area, with this figure jumping to 17% outside a built up area, and 25% on dual carriageways.

The survey reported that 27% of those interviewed who drink, would walk across a public road after having five or more alcoholic beverages.

Half of the respondents said they thought it was likely that drivers using a hand held mobile phone would be caught by the police.

A total of 94% of motorists interviewed said they would drive more carefully if they had three penalty points on their licence.

Although 33% of respondents thought it was acceptable to drive after one drink, 65% felt motorists should not be allowed to drive after drinking any alcohol.

Back
Top Bottom