Superduke R

Big Den

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, i have been offered a 07 Superduke R in p/x on my K8 Busa, i don't know anything about the R. Anyone give me a brief, its done 3600 mls and he wants £6500 ? I know Fowlers have been doing the 07 std one for £6k for a while.

Hi, i have been offered a 07 Superduke R in p/x on my K8 Busa, i don't know anything about the R. Anyone give me a brief, its done 3600 mls and he wants £6500 ? I know Fowlers have been doing the 07 std one for £6k for a while.

Keep the Busa !!!

Superduke great bike but FI is glitchy.

I had an 07 which was same motor as SDR.

Even with full Akra system,PCIII and professional setup on PDQ's dyno,the injection still wasn't brilliant.

For 08 KTM upped the spec of the SDR and gave it a few more ponies over the standard SD by using Akra headers etc.

The SDR looks lovely but has a VERY firm seat,firmer than anything I've ever ridden including 950SE,MV F4 etc etc.

I love my KTMs,but have realised that they were at their zenith with the last carbed bikes.

That's why many owners have tried SM990 and gone back to SM950 !!

The standard SD could be used as a daily bike,but the SDR is really only a Sunday plaything/track tool.

The 08 bikes will be much more sort after as they have uprated engines-the 07 bikes basically just have an orange frame and single seat unit,and I think a miniscule difference in ride height.

Keep the Busa !!

Exactly the info i was after, yes think i will hold off on the offer, could of ended up with an orphan :(

Arsey, he's back to me on the SDR his and £1k he's offering, i am assuming he is desperate to get shot of it if they are as bad as you say.

Arsey, he's back to me on the SDR his and £1k he's offering, i am assuming he is desperate to get shot of it if they are as bad as you say.

No,they ain't bad.

Infact they are bloody great.

BUT they could and should be alot better.

And as I said before the 08 bike has more power and Akra headers.

The 09 bike is stunning :

PB060047.jpg

Den, have you tried a normal Superduke? They're bloody good fun, and basically a more sensible (and I use the term loosely :D ) option to the R. I think there may be one coming my way soon, there are some cracking discounts to be had on 58 plate bikes at the moment :thumb2

Only had a spin round the block on a standard one (07) was impressed and i do like something a bit different, just a bit concerned if 07 R's have a bad rep i might get stuck with a lemon (orphan) and i do not know enough about them to tell.

Only had a spin round the block on a standard one (07) was impressed and i do like something a bit different, just a bit concerned if 07 R's have a bad rep i might get stuck with a lemon (orphan) and i do not know enough about them to tell.

The 07 Rs don't have a bad rep.

It's just that they ain't any better than a standard SD.They look nicer but are considerably less practical with the plank-like single seat unit.

The 08Rs are much better as they have the power upgrade over the standard bike and I'm guessing will be more sough-after second hand.

Back
Top Bottom