Halford Spots and Autoswitch etc

(RIP) willstatt

Lost
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Could someone just clarify a few things for me regarding the Halford's Spots fitting?

Basically as I understand it; you wire up the spots, to come on with your main beam, in that they are operated by the standard dip switch.

The Autoswitch is purely for turning the spots on or off? In that in the 'OFF' position your Standard GS lights would just work as per standard, and the spots would only work (in conjunction with your dip switch), when the Autoswitch was 'ON'

Sorry to be dim (no pun intended) but there are so many posts on the subject, that I've become confused.... and I haven't even started the installation yet, so God knows what I'll be like, when I've got a bench covered in switches, lights, wires and GS bits!

I seem to remember someone remarking that it was great to have the spots assisting the main beam, and what an incredible difference it made, but that when dipping (to just the standard GS dipped beam) you were suddenly back to near darkness.

Couldn't you therefore arrange the wiring so that one of the spots remained on with the dipped beam, and both were on with the main beam?

I'm no electrician, and so if the above is possible/sensible, then I'd appreciate some wiring guidance.

Many thanks

Will Statt

willstatt said:

Couldn't you therefore arrange the wiring so that one of the spots remained on with the dipped beam, and both were on with the main beam?

Will

To do this, simply wire the Autoswitch as per the instructions that came with it. If you ONLY want the spots to come on with main beam (but still switchable), connect the Autoswitch red wire to the main beam feed (not an ignition feed).

Greg

I forgot to add that one of the spots would have to be hard wired to the dip-beam feed (to be safe I'd add a relay so as not to overload the main headlight switch).

Greg

Back
Top Bottom