Moulded earplugs supplier in Dublin?

Bin Ridin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi!

Anyone recommend a place to get moulded earplugs made in Dublin? Got a pair made in Blackrock a few years ago, but want an alternative if poss.

(Moulded, not mouldy, that comes later.)

Bin

Try Frank Cass + sons,they supply to the music business and can supply specific moulds for bikers.

'Frank Cass & Sons' 197 Lwr. Kimmage Rd.,D.12. +353 1 4921506

I had a set of ear plugs with filters made in a place in Caple Street a couple of years ago.I can't remember the name of the place but if you google Elacin and look up their Irish supplier you will find them.

Hope that helps.

As a custom fitter myself, I'd steer away from the DIY kits.

No, really - don't do it. :nono

You can always go to somewhere like specsavers and have some impressions taken which you can then post to a custom maker of your choice (Green Leopard, Ultimate Ear etc) that way you are not limited to what your local chap can provide in terms of options.

:thumb2

You can always go to somewhere like specsavers and have some impressions taken which you can then post to a custom maker of your choice (Green Leopard, Ultimate Ear etc) that way you are not limited to what your local chap can provide in terms of options.

it's my ears I want to block, not my eyes!

ultimate ear

Pretty sure that Ultimate Ear have agents in Ireland. I have found them pretty good and their backup service excellent. Give them a call.

Pretty sure that Ultimate Ear have agents in Ireland. I have found them pretty good and their backup service excellent. Give them a call.

I got a set of Ultimate ears last year . They send you to the Beacon hospital in Sandyford for the moulds. Getting the moulds done wasn’t too expensive, €20 IIRC.

Hi Hatchet, sounds like a plan. What did the earplugs cost after the 20 yoyos ? Bin

It worked out about £180 inc p&p. Not cheap:eek: but am happy with them so far.

Not sure which type your after so just to be clear , these are the ones with ear phones built into them, but they also do basic fitted ear plugs.

It worked out about £180 inc p&p. Not cheap:eek: but am happy with them so far.
Not sure which type your after so just to be clear , these are the ones with ear phones built into them, but they also do basic fitted ear plugs.

Looking for plain plugs, to kill the wind noise. The place in Capel St. sends the impressions to Netherlands.

Yes we do custom made earplugs for motorbike use.

The cost of these are €150.
They approx take 3 weeks to be finished.

Kind Regards.

Gemma Talbot
Administrator
Hearing Healthcare Irl. Ltd.
www.hearing.ie

Looking for plain plugs, to kill the wind noise. The place in Capel St. sends the impressions to Netherlands.

Yes we do custom made earplugs for motorbike use.

The cost of these are €150.
They approx take 3 weeks to be finished.

Kind Regards.

Gemma Talbot
Administrator
Hearing Healthcare Irl. Ltd.
www.hearing.ie

€150 yoyos for a passive blocker :eek: That works out currently at £132

even a filtered plug from Ultimate including impression charge comes in under £100 and that's retail talk to me if you want a favourable GS'ers price :augie

To concur with what Mr Schiannini has just said just don't bother with DIY you can cause some serious damage if you cock this up - SERIOUS!!

There are several members here who have presented for impressions for plugs that we have been unable to do due to conditions prevalent in the ear (usually significant cerumen occlusion - lot's of wax but other times the ear is still inflamed from an infection or colds/flu, situations that were only determined by observing the ear with an otoscope (and of course being trained to know what to look for!).

If any of these had bought a DIY kit and got on with it they could have made life really unpleasant for themselves for a while.

At the NEC show there were 70 customers who could not have their impressions taken, we've analysed figures on this over a couple of years and it's approximately a 20% UFI rate.

It meant that for us 20% of sales were lost at that show due to the customer's ears being in an unsafe state, now our follow-up processes should ensure that we recover most of that but it doesn't always happen and we have know people come back to us having got some elsewhere on the day :yikes :nono

Knowing what I know I'd rather perform root canal surgery on my own teeth with a rusty blunt knife and no anaesthetic than DIY my own impressions or ear plugs.

Hi Judge,
Can you pm me a plan for getting impressions in Dublin, posting them somewhere, and posting on the plugs to Riyadh? Not sure about filters, unless guaranteed to kill windnoise.
Bin

Hi Judge,
Can you pm me a plan for getting impressions in Dublin, posting them somewhere, and posting on the plugs to Riyadh? Not sure about filters, unless guaranteed to kill windnoise.
Bin

Filters do one of two jobs, the smallest of filters vent the plug to allow for a reduction in ear pressure although the majority of us do not suffer from pressure problems and the larger filters allow more noise to pass through the plug to enable more to be heard these are rated at different levels and you choose the amount of noise attenuation you want to reduce the standard plug by.

The EU manufacturer's always filter as standard, whereas filtering on UE plugs are an option.

I will PM you a rough idea of how we'd achieve what you want in terms of delivering etc.

Ultimate Ear

I got a set of earplugs from Ultimate Ear Protection in the UK. They ask you to get impressions from someone in the Beacon Clinic (can't remember her name,Ultimate Ear will tell you) , just post them off and you'll have the plugs within two weeks. The plugs UE made for me have the headphones built in and I've used them going to Spain, Portugal, France and Morocco so have got real good use out of them and would recommend them.

Back
Top Bottom