Fitting Ohlins Rear

blackduck

Have shocks, have intructions and as is often the way what appears to be a simple operation is made confusing by the instructions.
Q1, On the top of the shock you have the hose to the preload adjuster and what appears to be a valve with a screw in it. Now I have got into my head that the hose should face forward (making the distance the hose has to travel as short as possible) but the instructions have the valve facing the rear. They have to face the same way so can someone advise as to which way they go.
Q2, The instuctions talk about the chamfer on the clevis facing forward. Assuming the clevis to be the U bracket through which the bolt goes and both sides of this are identical then I can only assume that they are stating the bleeding obvious because they would not go in with any other orientation. Alternatively is the Clevis the split collar that sits above this?
Q3, Which brings me nicely to the most stupid of all my questions. If you twist the U bracket at the bottom you can end up with two lengths on which is decidedly longer than the other. In terms of fitting is this significant?

Thanks for you help,

Steve

Hi Steve
what bike ?

My 1150 has the gas valve pointing backwardish
but have no U bracket :confused:

Hi Steve

Been there, done that...

Q1 - the hose has to route out to the rear to clear the fusebox - route between the back of the fusebox and the front of the inner mudguard.
Q2 - I agree - both sides of the clevis are identical:rolleyes:
Q3 - Haven't a clue - mine was lined up out of the box, and that's the way I fitted it. Seems to work, so I haven't fiddled with it any further.

HTH - the ride is worth it:cool:

ohlins

The preload seems line seems to be quite near the exhaust...not affected by temperature of exhaust?

Back
Top Bottom