Turkey

Millions do, mostly for 2 weeks of fish and chips, sky football, Mcdonald's and vomiting in the sea. I really wish they didn't.

You hitting the road?

yeah.21,22 august...cant wait.last year I did it june for 5 weeks.....now three months..

We are

Me and our Lynn :hug .. leaving Dover 17 Aug :D.. Riding down through Hungary , Bulgaria, etc :thumb2 .
We intend to stay just outside Istanbul for a couple of days, maybe get the train into the City .. dont know when we will be arriving though:D "get there when we get there" :thumb

:beerjug:

Right then, both of you, I'll be expecting to meet up for a beer. Don't you go disappointing me, I know high level police here and you don't want to spend a week in a Turkish prison.

Smudge, just outside of Ist, know where yet?

Mozen, I assume you're heading for Cesme? Let me know if you get to Ist.

:type
Right then, both of you, I'll be expecting to meet up for a beer. Don't you go disappointing me, I know high level police here and you don't want to spend a week in a Turkish prison.

Smudge, just outside of Ist, know where yet?

Mozen, I assume you're heading for Cesme? Let me know if you get to Ist.

Cheers Expat,
Nice one mate, looking forward to the beer already.:D
No idea where we are staying :beerjug: very much a make it up as you go along trip :thumb2 Having said that :eyebrow
I am open to suggestions, (not Sexual), on where will be a good base for 2-3 nights:thumb
I have bought myself a netbook to take with me on the trip :type so I can get hold of you nearer the time, if you are ok with that.

:beerjug: Smudge

Are you camping or B&Bing, or Hoteling, or sleeping rough?

I'll PM you with my contact details, let me know if you need any info or help.

originally I am from cesme but now I live since 10 years in edinburgh..This year in august i want to travel from italy,slovenia,croatia,albania to athens and chios to cesme.Have you done that trip? is it safe route for a alone ride?
Last year i did ancona,patras selanik kavala,canakkale cesme.
What would you suggest?? I have both british and turkish pass also..

Piece of cake. The only "challenge" you may have is albania as I've heard the roads are pretty bad (yes, worse than Turkish roads). I've also heard they have got better... Make sure you have the right green card insurance otherwise you'll get turned away at the border. Slovenia and Croatia are about as safe as you can get in Europe.

It is a doddle :D Take your time though, there is REAL scenery in those parts :thumb2
Albania is superb, the people are some of the friendliest we came across, extremely helpful :D
The Albanian city traffic is interesting mindst' :augie

originally I am from cesme but now I live since 10 years in edinburgh..This year in august i want to travel from italy,slovenia,croatia,albania to athens and chios to cesme.Have you done that trip? is it safe route for a alone ride?
Last year i did ancona,patras selanik kavala,canakkale cesme.
What would you suggest?? I have both british and turkish pass also..

After Ga-Pa I will take my son through Croatia, Albania, Macedonia, Romania back home , he will be on own bike , you think is dangerous:comfort?

I did that route 2 years ago...sweathering trieste to athens or same boring route ancona patras athens...

expat what bike do you have?

I'll be arriving in Istanbul about the second week of September. I intend to stay in the city for a couple of day. So if any one is still around it would be nice to meet up.

I'm then carring on across Turkey and even thinking of climbing Mount Arrat.

Mozen, a R1200GS. I went to the Tipperary event last year, but took the easy route up (Igoumenitsa / Ancona / Le Harvre / Portsmouth). It was too easy really and too much time on ferries.

Back
Top Bottom