verdun gps co-ordinates

Pauly S

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where the verdun cemetery is please?ive found various co-ords, but dunno which ones to use?
or has anyone got a garmin waypoint please?thanks guys Pauly.

Do you mean the American Cemetary or the Duoamont Ossuary? These are some of the largest and most visited, but there are quite a lot in the area!

I probably have both of these on my Garmin maps.

While your there make sure you take a trip inside the two Forts nearby (both within 5 minutes of the Ossuary)

I assumed he meant the huge (15,000 bodies) French cemetary next to Duoamont Ossuary? :confused:

I wish we'd had more time to explore the forts etc. in the area but we called in enroute from Zeebrugge to Strasbourg :(

Yup, was there last week... Set Garmin for Verdun and then look for 'attractions' close to destination and Ossury is in the top 3....

Very moving, worth a look....

yup..

Yup, was there last week... Set Garmin for Verdun and then look for 'attractions' close to destination and Ossury is in the top 3....

Very moving, worth a look....
That i'll do, just a quick pop in ,pay ones respects,grab a piccy and chip off,
i was looking for the massive one full of white crosses,my dad said he wanted to go back there,but never got the bottle to return.too many memories.cheers P

Back
Top Bottom