Off-road near Bala

Muddy

Probably possible with road tyres but TKC80s are a safer bet. Let me know if anyone fancy's a go.

P1010004f.jpg

P1010010b.jpg

P1010013e.jpg

P1010012d.jpg

P1010011c.jpg

P1010016a.jpg

Oh yes, thats a bit more like it (says Tina) :thumb

I'm planning to do more next weekend, a bit further south if you fancy it. And Tina of course.

Hi Muddy.That road looks great the kind of thing id like to try where is it?I will soon need new tires He! He!

Hi Muddy!

Great pics! :bounce1

I hope I'll coming over to the UK again next summer.

-Do you think that road are suitable for my belt driven baby; the Scarver? (Or the other way around!) And for my boyfriends K100RS?
I hope so!

:) Liv.

Its Penllyn Forest. The road does get worse, both muddier and rougher. Its probably possible with road tyres but I wouldn't attempt it and therefore wouldn't recommend it to you guys. This forest section is 7 miles (1)

There's another forest further south but doesn't seem to have a name. This is 11 miles long (2).

If that's not enough, there's the Abertridwr (Lake Vyrnwy) to Llanrhaeadr-ym-Mochnant (3) and then Llanarmon to Glyndyfrdwy sections (4).

Possibly for another day, there's a bit from Dolgellau to Tywyn. I've no idea what its like but looks good on the map as it overlooks Barmouth and the coastline so should be quite scenic (5).

I would have thought that 1,2,3 and possibly 4 is enough for one day..

I'm available next Sat/Sun depending which day's best weather wise.

OK Muddy lets get something organised for this weekend. I can be around either Saturday or Sunday.
Tim

Muddy said:
Possibly for another day, there's a bit from Dolgellau to Tywyn. I've no idea what its like but looks good on the map as it overlooks Barmouth and the coastline so should be quite scenic (5).

QUOTE]

Its a couple of years since I did this on an XR, but would be more fun on a GS.

And the KTM would be cheating

Just been reminded I can't make it on Saturaday, ( going on a course with the original 'Horse Whisperer', Monty Roberts. :confused: :confused: )

But Sunday is good for me.

Just had a look at my map - I can't pick out the road referred to in Penlynn forest but the rest of them look good :) If we're in that area we could work in the Wayfarers Pass too? :D

How about this for a plan?

Meet in Bala, do Penlynn Forest and the other "nameless" forest. Stop on the shores of Lake Vyrnwy for a rest. Then from Llanwddyn to Penygarnedd, then nead NW on the B4391and cut along one of the tracks leading north to Llandrillo. Head east over Wayfarers to Llanarmon DC then north to Glyn Ceiriog. Then west to the final lane through Ceiriog Forest, this one has an off road area we can stop to play in assuming it's not full of landrovers :D

Feel free to shoot me down if you feel that's too much. I'll plot the route later to see exactly what distance it is.

We can get to the nameless forest from the A458, its just south of this road. The rest of the route sounds fine with me except for the Wayfarer's. I crapped myself last time. Could always decide on the day but I might ro straight to Llanarmon DC and Ceiriog Forest.

Sunday fine with me.

Muddy said:
I'm planning to do more next weekend, a bit further south if you fancy it. And Tina of course.

is a general invite? :thumb....loz

doesn't look hard going to me - sort of thing any respecatable bloke could manage on an old BSA in the fifties - with no suspension to think of.

they weren't softies back then - cos its all they had and didn't know any better.

if you think you need knobblies for a gravelly,compacted rocky track like this then perhaps you should think twice. ?

'course - a goldwing would piss it :D

Back
Top Bottom