PDA GPS on BMW GS

Demongroover

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Does anyone else use a PDA on the GS?
What system are you using and what waterproofing option are you using?

I have a HP H2210 with TomTom MKII bluetooth receiver (in my pocket), with a rugged case cover on a RAM mount on the bars (though may get a MIGSEL mount soon).

Pics would be good if you can post piccies. I haven't managed that here yet (newbie).

I use a yakumo delta pda using tomtom navigator 5. Made a bracket for it with a piece of perspex and a pipe clamp and hold it on with velcro with the built in antenna raised. to waterproof it I just use a thick 'ziplock' type plastic bag pulled tight and sealed at the bottom, they work really well and you can still use the touch screen through the plastic. I can also use it in the car and for walking on dartmoor (using memory map) which is why I plumped for the pda rather than the dedicated gps. After getting us around the hell that is the paris peripherique and through the massive one way system inside it to our hotel even my wife has decided that it is a more than useful 'gadget'

I use an acer n35 running tomtom5 combined with an intercom bought from lidl last year Im in the procesws of adapting my tankbag map pocket to fit the pda & pacing it with sponge.
For power I bought a car cigarette lighter extension I then cut the male connector & fitted the smaller type for the bike.
@ the moment I keep it in my jacket breast pocket but for what I use it for its great & it didnt cost me £500 + either but I am tight by nature.

I have a 2210 in a palmcase mini on a rammount, works good. Sometimes the reflections are annoying but then there is sound ;)
Take a look at www.palmcase.de.
I'll post pics in a couple of days

Kat

Tha palm case looks interesting. Will I be able to power my PDA through it?
My Rugged Case is a bit of a bodge and I would like a better solution.

Back
Top Bottom